56. Back To School Nerves

A/n: Today was my first day back to school soooo I did a thing and wrote this. I know that not everyone is in college but because of Shawn's age and since I'm in college I put college. Okay, let's begin!

Today is my first day of another year of college. I'm really super nervous. My boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, is driving me to school right now and he must have been able to sense my nerves since I was really quiet.

"You're quiet." Shawn said.

"Yeah." I said.

"Nervous?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said again. Shawn nodded and squeezed my hand. I squeezed back.

"You'll be fine darling. Just take a deep breath, focus on what the professors are saying, make sure to take notes if you need to, and you'll be fine." Shawn said. I nodded and took a deep breath in before letting it out. Shawn smiled.

"I love you Shawn." I said with a smile. Shawn's smile grew.

"I love you too my sweet, precious, smart girl." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"Stop! You're making me blush!" I said. Shawn laughed and we soon pulled into the parking lot. "You're picking me up, right?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yup. I'll be right here. Now, go get 'em tiger." Shawn said with a smirk, causing me to laugh. I nodded, hopped out of Shawn's precious jeep, grabbed my bag, and went inside to my first class.

The English professor was very strict. She said that the only way an absence will be excused would be if we had jury duty. Even if we're in the hospital, that's not excused. If we're a minute late, we're marked absent. (A/n: no lie my English professor said this today. WTF.) My math professor was nice and explained the syllabus. After those two classes, the day was done and I was glad to walk back to Shawn's jeep. I got in the car and Shawn leaned in to give me a quick kiss.

"How was it?" Shawn asked as he started to drive. I told him about how my English professor was strict but my math professor was nice. He nodded. "Well, you'll just have to be really careful about absences and stuff." Shawn said.

"Every time that we're absent we get ten points off our grade. I literally cannot be absent." I said, feeling frustrated. Not with Shawn of course, but with the professor. People get sick sometimes, life happens. Can't she be a little lenient?

"Well, that's motivation to get a good grade. Right?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah I just wish she would be a little lenient. But in the end this is her class, so this will be how she runs it. I just want to go home and cuddle with you." I said, causing Shawn to smile.

"No homework?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No homework." I said.

"Good. More time to cuddle." Shawn said. I giggled. "I love you honey and I'm very proud of you for getting through your first day." Shawn said.

"I love you too. Thank you baby." I said.

"You're welcome." Shawn said. I rested my head back and closed my eyes. Shawn kept one hand on my thigh as he drove, just like he always does. We finally arrived home and I plopped down on the couch. Shawn laughed.

"Don't laugh! I'm relaxing." I said. Shawn plopped down next to me and kissed my cheek.

"Want to cuddle in bed and take a nap?" Shawn asked. I nodded. Shawn and I went upstairs and laid in bed. We snuggled up to each other. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I hummed.

"I'm happy." I said.

"Good, because I am too." Shawn said. I soon woke up a little while later. Shawn was still asleep. I decided to go downstairs and start dinner. I decided to make spaghetti. I soon felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, causing me to jump, but I soon relaxed when I realized that it was just Shawn.

"You scared me for a second there baby." I said. Shawn kissed my shoulder.

"Sorry hun." Shawn said.

"It's okay. I relaxed once I realized that it was you. You always make me feel so relaxed." I said. I could hear Shawn smile.

"Did you know that you make me feel so relaxed?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No. I do?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded against my shoulder as I stirred the spaghetti.

"Yup. You do. Now, do you want me to help?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No I'm almost done. Thank you though." I said. Shawn pecked my neck with a quick kiss.

"You're welcome baby girl. I'll set the table." Shawn said as he unwrapped his arms from around me. Shawn and I soon sat down at the table and I went quiet as I thought about English class. "You're quiet again." Shawn pointed out. I nodded.

"I'm okay. Just thinking." I said.

"What are you thinking about?" Shawn asked.

"English class." I said.

"Y/n, you're overthinking. Life happens and you may be absent sometimes." Shawn said. I shook my head.

"I don't know anyone in the class that I can get information from, plus if I'm absent it's minus ten points off my grade. I can't have that." I said. Shawn reached for my hand from across the table. As our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot through me but I felt warm and safe at the same time.

"Baby, you'll be fine. You'll get to know people in the class. It's going to be okay. Take a deep breath." Shawn said. I did as told and felt slightly better because of his words. I nodded.

"Okay. Did you like the spaghetti?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Definitely. You're such a good cook babe." Shawn said, causing me to blush and smile.

"Thank you my love." I said. Shawn and I soon got into bed and cuddled up to each other again.

"I love you Y/n. Never forget that I'm proud of you." Shawn said.

"I love you too Shawn. Thank you honey." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead and the spot that he kissed was left feeling tingly after his lips left it. I love Shawn so much and I have to admit, I am a little excited for this semester. As long as I have Shawn, I'm good.