15. Flat Tire

My boyfriend of two amazing years, Shawn Mendes and I, are going on a road trip in his precious jeep, JBone. We plan on driving from Boston, where we live, to West Palm Beach, Florida, where I have family, and where Shawn and I can take a vacation.

"I'm so ready for this trip." I said.

"I am too, but I hate long drives." Shawn said. I frowned.

"I didn't know that." I said.

"Yeah. I just don't like them." Shawn said.

"I'm sorry honey. Is that why you said that we should just fly?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah." He said.

"Oh honey you should have told me." I said.

"Sorry." Shawn said with a frown.

"It's okay, just tell me next time, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Okay." He said. I leaned over the center console of the jeep and kissed his cheek. He smiled at me briefly before letting his eyes go back to the road. Per usual, Shawn kept one hand on the steering wheel, and one hand on my thigh. I love the fact that he does that. I always place my hand over his.

"I love you Shawn." I said before bringing his hand to my lips and giving it a gentle kiss.

"I love you too my dear." Shawn said. I smiled at him. I then rested my head back and closed my eyes. I fell asleep. I woke up to a weird noise and Shawn swearing. "Shit! Come on!" He said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We just blew a tire." Shawn said. Oh no.

"Do we have a spare one?" I asked.

"Yeah. You stay here, I'm going to go grab it and put it on." Shawn said. That's not what I wanted. I wanted to help him. I wanted to see the action, as weird as that sounds. I saw Shawn open up the back of JBone and grab the spare tire. I hopped out of the car and walked over to Shawn.

"Do you need any help babe?" I asked.

"Y/n I told you to stay in the car." Shawn said in a harsh tone. Ouch.

"I just asked if I could help." I said, taking a step back.

"I know, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped. I just hate long drives and I'm pissed that we blew a tire. I'm sorry honey. Come here." Shawn said as he opened his arms. I hesitantly walked over to him and let him engulf me in a hug. He kept saying how sorry he was.

"It's okay, just please don't take your frustration out on me." I said. He nodded.

"I won't do it again, I promise. I love you." Shawn said. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"I love you too." I said.

"There's nothing you can do to help but do you want to watch?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Sure." I said. I watched as Shawn changed the tire, and let me tell you something, he looked hot doing it. He was wearing a black t-shirt with black and white basketball shorts. He finished changing the tire and looked at me as he put his hands on his hips. By now I was practically drooling.

"Done." Shawn said. I just nodded. "You good babe?" Shawn asked as he walked over to me and placed his hands on my waist. I placed my hands on his chest and let my hands roam up to his shoulders.

"That was hot." I said. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Oh really?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. Shawn patted my butt.

"Come on babe, we have a few more hours to go before we reach your cousin's house." Shawn said. I nodded and got back in the car.

"Hey Shawny?" I asked.

"Yes my sweet girl?" Shawn asked, causing me to blush.

"Can I watch you change a tire more often?" I asked. Shawn laughed.

"Hopefully I won't have to change a tire anytime soon." Shawn said. I groaned.

"But you looked so good doing it." I said. Shawn laughed, and with that, we got back on the road and drove to my cousin's house. No more tires were blown in the process.