189. You & Rose Surprise Him

I have a two and a half year old daughter with the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes and her name is Rose Lucille Mendes. I had just finished feeding her some lunch when my phone rang. It was Shawn's manager, Andrew. I immediately picked up.

"Hey Andrew." I said.

"Hey Y/n. Um, Shawn is really frustrated and stressed out right now. He feels like he can't get anything right. Would you mind coming down here please?" Andrew asked. I looked over at Rose.

"Um, would it be okay if I brought Rose? I think that seeing her would cheer him up even more." I asked and said. Andrew did not hesitate at all.

"That would be great!" Andrew said.

"Okay, we'll see you guys in a little bit." I said.

"Okay, thank you so much for this." Andrew said.

"No problem. I'll see you in a little bit." I said.

"Okay. Bye." Andrew said, and we hung up.

"Rosie girl do you want to see Daddy?" I asked. She's a really big Daddy's girl.

"Yeah!" She said as she cheered. I laughed and helped her to get her shoes on.

"Come on, let's go." I said as I helped her out to the car and got her buckled in. I put on the radio, and when Shawn's song came in, Rose got really excited.

"This is Daddy's song!" She said. I laughed.

"It is." I said. She sang along and we soon arrived at the studio. Before we went in, I had to say something to Rose. "Okay, Rose, are you listening to me?"

"Yes Mumma." She said.

"We're going to surprise Daddy now. So, I don't want you to start talking until you're in front of him. We have to stay quiet or else it will ruin the surprise, okay?" I asked. She nodded and we went inside the studio. Shawn was sitting in a chair with his back to us. I could tell that he was frustrated just by the simple fact that his head was in his hands. Teddy smiled at us. I leaned down to Rose and pointed at her father. I then watched as she ran over to him and patted his knee to get his attention.

Shawn's point of view

I felt someone patting on my knee. My head had been in my hands, and when I looked up, I saw my daughter Rose smiling at me.

"Hi Daddy!" She said. I smiled at her and picked her up as I stood up.

"Hi Rosie! What are you doing here?" I asked. I then felt a hand on my shoulder and looked over to see my beautiful, gorgeous, and stunning wife, Y/n Mendes. My smile widened.

"I got a call from Andrew saying that you were feeling really stressed out and frustrated, so Rose and I decided to surprise you." Y/n said with a smile.

"Oh my gosh, thank you guys so much. I have my two loves with me." I said, causing Y/n to giggle, which made my heart flutter. I then looked over at my daughter.

"Daddy can we play?" She asked.

"What do you want to play sweet pea?" I asked as I sat down and put her on my lap. Y/n sat on a couch nearby. Rose thought for a moment.

"Let's play hide and seek!" Rose said. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll count to ten, and you hide, okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She sad as nodded and I closed my eyes and began counting. When I was done counting, I opened my eyes, and started looking around for her.

"Where's Rosie? Is she over here? No. Hm. Is she in the recording booth?" I wondered.