14. Nap Time

My little girl, my little two months old baby, Rose Lucille Mendes looked at me. I held her in my arms, completely in awe of her. She's such a beautiful baby and I'm so lucky and blessed to be her mother. Shawn, my husband of two years, would be coming home from a meeting soon and would want to hold her so I was holding her now while I could. Soon, the door opened and Shawn walked in. He smiled when he saw Rose and I.

"How are my girls doing?" Shawn asked as he gave me a kiss on the lips and kissed Rose's forehead.

"Your girls are tired." I said as Rose yawned. Shawn chuckled.

"Oh, big yawn. Can I hold her?" Shawn asked me. I nodded.

"Of course." I said as I carefully handed her over to Shawn. He held her and you could tell that he was also in awe of her. "Isn't she beautiful Shawn?" I asked. He nodded, not taking his eyes off of his daughter.

"She's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen - besides you of course." Shawn said, looking at me as I sat down on the couch. His eyes then went back to his daughter. "Can she just stay this small forever? I don't want her to grow up." Shawn asked and said. I laughed.

"Oh honey, I want that too, but she has to grow up eventually." I pointed out.

"I don't like that." Shawn said with a frown on his face.

"I know honey, neither do I." I said. Shawn sat down with Rose, or as Shawn called her, his Rosie girl. She soon started to cry.

"I think she needs a nap." Shawn said.

"Well so do I." I said.

"I do too." Shawn said.

"Why don't we all nap together?" Shawn asked. I nodded and we all went upstairs. I laid down on the bed and Shawn put Rose on my chest. He then laid down at my legs and hugged them.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes?" Shawn asked.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I love your legs, so I'm hugging them while I nap." Shawn said. I laughed. Soon, Rose and Shawn fell asleep. I didn't. I wanted to watch Rose. Plus, what if she falls off my chest while I'm holding her? Can that even happen? I snapped a picture of the three of us and posted it on Instagram. After an hour, Shawn woke up. "Why are you still awake my love?" Shawn asked in a whisper.

"I wanted to watch Rose." I said. He nodded and crawled up to me so he could kiss my cheek.

"Baby, you've been home with her all day. Rest." Shawn said.

"Will you watch her and make sure she doesn't fall off my chest or anything please?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Of course hun. Now, close your eyes and rest." Shawn said. I closed my eyes for what felt like five seconds. When I opened them, Shawn and Rose weren't with me. I instantly started to panic. I got up and rushed down the stairs and saw Shawn holding Rose as he sat on the couch watching the television. Well, it was more like he was watching her.

"There you are." I said. Shawn looked up and smiled at me. He patted the seat cushion next to him.

"Come sit with us love." Shawn said. I love it when he calls me love. I walked over and sat down. "Watch this." Shawn said. He stuck his finger near Rose's hand and she gripped onto it.

"Oh my God that's so cute." I said.

"Isn't it? You must have been tired. You were out for three hours." Shawn said.

"Was I really?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yup. Hey remember on our wedding day, when we talked about having kids?" Shawn asked.

"Of course." I said with a smile as I thought back to the wonderful day.

"And look, now we have a kid." Shawn said. I giggled.

"We do indeed have a kid." I said. Shawn smiled at me and pecked my cheek with a kiss.

"I love my girls." Shawn said while looking at Rose with nothing but love, awe, and adoration.

"Good, because your girls love you." I said. We had a good day, and soon it was time for all of us to go to bed. I love my little family.