80. Dancing In The Rain

I was doing the dishes when my boyfriend of three years, Shawn Mendes, walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I jumped for a moment but soon relaxed when I realized that it was just him.

"Baby," He said. "Let's go out on the deck."

"Shawny it's pouring rain out there." I said with a giggle.

"I know but we should dance in the rain." He said. I shook my head.

"I have dishes to do." I said. Shawn immediately went around me and started to help me wash the dishes.

"There, more hands. We'll get it done faster, then we can dance in the rain." He said. I shook my head, amazed by this man.

"You amaze me every single day." I said as we finished up the dishes. Shawn laughed.

"You want to know why I'm so stuck on dancing in the rain?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Why?" I said and asked.

"Because I know that you'll look beautiful, even drenched. But I just want to test it out, you know? It's not often that I get theories." He said, causing me to laugh so hard that my stomach started to hurt.

"Oh my gosh Shawn. You're a silly goose." I said.

"Why is that a phrase? Geese are the most serious and powerful dinosaur looking monsters ever. Not one of them is silly." He said. I ended up on the floor because I was laughing so hard. I soon got up off the floor and held Shawn's hand.

"Come on, let's go outside and test out your theory." I said. Shawn and I opened the back door and stepped out. It was pouring out there!

Shawn pulled me close to him and started to salsa with me in his arms. I laughed again.

"Salsa for me!" He requested. I shook my head.

"I don't know how to!" I yelled over the sound of pouring rain.

"I'll teach you!" He yelled back. Shawn taught me how to salsa, and after a little bit of that, we went inside and dried off.

"Did you test out your theory?" I asked.

"Yes, and you looked gorgeous in the rain, my love." Shawn said, causing me to blush.

"I love you Shawn Mendes." I said before pecking his lips with a quick kiss.

"I love you too Y/n Y/l/n." He said. The next day we both had colds but we took care of each other. It was actually kind of nice.