72. Another Proposal

A/n: So at the end of this are some pictures. Those pictures of some of the ones that Shawn chose to put behind you guys. This imagine is going to be from Shawn's point of view. Also, I think that this is a long imagine, so I apologize for that. Okay, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

I want to propose to my girlfriend of three years, Y/n Y/l/n. She's the love of my life and I don't know what I would do without her. The first thing that I need to do is get her parent's blessing. I drove up to the home that my lovely girlfriend, hopefully soon to be fiance, grew up in, and parked the car.

"Hey Shawn." Her mom said.

"Hi, how are you guys?" I asked.

"Good, but you seem nervous." Her dad said. I nodded and let out a shaky breath.

"Can we sit down?" I asked. They nodded.

"Sure. What's up?" They asked.

"I would like your daughter's hand in marriage. Y/n is the love of my life, I have absolutely no clue what I would do without her. Can I please have your blessing?" I asked. They smiled, looked at each other, and nodded.

"Of course Shawn." Her mom said. I smiled.

"Oh thank God. I don't know what I would have done if you guys had said no." I said, causing them to laugh.

"Do you know how you're going to propose?" Y/d/n, Y/n's dad, asked. I nodded and smirked.

"I have an idea." I said.

The next thing that I needed to do was get the ring. I took Y/n's best friend, Grace, along with me to get the ring. We picked a ring that was sparkly yet elegant and simplistic all at the same time. I hope that she loves it.

Following getting the ring, I needed to set up the proposal. I picked about twenty of my favorite pictures of the two of us and printed them out. I love the one where we're at the beach and I'm giving her a piggyback ride. Another one is from a wedding that we went to. My head is buried in her neck and we're in the middle of hugging while we're dancing. There are a couple where she's sitting on my shoulders, either at a concert or just randomly. Basically what I'm trying to say is that there's a lot of amazing pictures.

I used a clothes hanger to pin all of the photos up on clothes wire and put a white sheet behind it all. I set up a table for two and some candles on and around the table. I hope that she likes it. I asked Josiah to hide in the bushes and take pictures and he agreed to it. I just hope that she likes the proposal and says yes. I had Josiah watch my setup while I went home.

I walked in the door and immediately saw my girlfriend on the couch crying. I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around her. She's always said that she loves my "strong, manly arms" and loves to be held by me.

"What's wrong my love?" I asked. She hugged me. I rubbed her back, which helped to calm her down. When she stopped crying she pulled away and wiped her tears away. I continued to rub her sides.

"I had a quiz in math today and I probably flunked it. I didn't understand like, two or three out of the eight questions. I got an essay back and I got a C, and you know me, I like to get a B or an A," she said, causing me to nod. She continued. "Then, I almost got into a car accident because some jerk almost didn't stop. I've just had a really rough day and I've missed you." She said. I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

"Well baby, don't beat yourself up on the quiz, you probably did better than you think. I know that you like to get a B or an A, but a C is still good, plus this is the class that you can revise papers in, right?" I said and asked. She nodded.