19. Proposal

A/n: I know that in the photo, this is not how you guys may look, but I used the photo for the outfit. Also, y/f/n means your full name. Okay, let's begin!

I was sitting on the couch with my boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, when he spoke up.

"Hey love?" He asked.

"Yes babe?" I asked.

"What do you think of doing a photoshoot? Josiah could take the pictures." Shawn asked and said. I thought for a moment and smiled as I nodded.

"Sure. I would love that. And then we could hang up some of the photos." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Good because I've already talked to him and he wants to do it next week." Shawn said.

"Okay. Do I need to dress up for it?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"Maybe a little bit, but not like a dress or something like that. Maybe just a nice shirt or something." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Oh, I can't wait!" I exclaimed while clapping my hands together. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Neither can I sweetheart." Shawn said. I rested my head on his chest and he smiled at me.

"Will you come with me to shop for an outfit please? Or do you want it to be a surprise?" I asked.

"I want it to be a surprise." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. The next week I dressed up in white jeans, a pink shirt that was off the shoulders, and brownish, reddish boots. I went downstairs to where Shawn was. He was wearing a white button down and gray dress pants. "Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes my love?" Shawn asked as he turned around. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"How do I look?" I asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"Gorgeous, per usual." Shawn said, causing me to blush. Shawn laughed when he saw me blushing. "I love you my dear." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said. The doorbell rang.

"That must be Josiah." Shawn said. He opened the door, and sure enough, it was Josiah. He smiled at Shawn and I.

"Hey guys. Ready for the photoshoot?" He asked. Shawn and I nodded.

"I'm so excited. Where are we going to take the photos?" I asked Shawn.

"I was thinking we could just do them in the backyard. How does that sound?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect." I said. I held Shawn's hand as we walked down the stairs from our deck and into the backyard. We went to the middle of the backyard.

"Alright, how about one where you guys are looking at each other and smiling?" Josiah asked. We did as told and smiled at each other. Shawn always makes me smile. We did another one where Shawn and I were kissing and I had my foot kicked back in that 'I'm in love' pose, which is true because I am in love. We also did one where Shawn was carrying me bridal style. Shawn then set me down.

"Hold on babe, I have to grab something." Shawn said before running into the house. He came back out with nothing in his hands. That's weird.

"Okay, let's do one where you guys have your foreheads resting against each other." Josiah said. We did as told. Shawn then took a step back and got down on one knee, pulling out a small box from his back pocket and opening it up to reveal the most beautiful ring that I've ever seen. I clapped my hand to my mouth and tears sprang to my eyes.

"Y/f/n, I have loved you since the moment that we met, and I'll love you until I take my very last breath. You're my best friend, lover, and the woman of my dreams. I don't know what I would do without you, but I don't want to find out. You're the smartest, kindest, most loving, most caring, girl in the world. The list goes on and on. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and no one gets better than you. I want to have a family with you someday, but that can wait a little bit," Shawn said, causing me to giggle. "I love you so much. Will you make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?" Shawn asked. I nodded violently.

"Yes, Shawn, a million times yes." I said. I gently grabbed his face with my hands and pulled him into a sweet but passionate kiss. I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach.

"I love you so much baby girl." Shawn said while wiping away my happy tears.

"I love you too. So, so much my love." I said. We hugged and kissed again. Shawn kissed my nose and then my forehead. And the best part of all of this? Josiah caught it all on camera, and I will forever be grateful for that.