3. "I Thought You Left"

My boyfriend is the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes and I can't put into words how in love with him I am. I'm absolutely smitten, infatuated, obsessed and enamored with him, and he knows this, and he even told me that he feels the same way.

This morning, I woke up to find that his arms were not around me. Maybe he went to the gym? I looked at his side of the bed. No note. He always leaves a note saying that he went to the gym. Always. I went into our bathroom, hoping that he would be in the shower or somewhere in there. Nope. I went downstairs and searched for him. I looked all around the house, inside and out. He was nowhere to be found. Oh my God. He left me, didn't he? Sure his clothes are here, but he's probably going to come back for those. He must have left me, and that's always been my biggest fear, that he would leave me.

I sat on the couch, brought my knees to my chest, and cried. I couldn't believe it. Why would he leave me? What did I do wrong? I tried to think back, figure out what I did wrong, but I couldn't think of anything. Like I said, I was curled up and crying, when suddenly the door swung open and Shawn walked in. He rushed over to me when he saw what type of state I was in.

"Darling what's wrong?" Shawn asked.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"I was at the gym. Why?" He said and asked. I stood up and hugged him. He hugged me back and rubbed my back while whispering sweet nothings in my ear. He then pulled away after a minute or so. "What happened honey?" Shawn asked.

"I thought you left me." I said while crying. Shawn pulled me back in for a hug.

"Oh honey I could never and would never leave you. Why did you think I left you darling?" Shawn asked.

"Well I thought that because I couldn't find you and you didn't leave a note like you always do." I said, starting to calm down as Shawn rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"I'm so sorry Y/n, I'm so sorry. I was in a rush because Brian wanted to meet at the gym so I didn't have time to leave a note. I'm so sorry honey. I didn't mean to make you feel this way." Shawn said.

"It's okay. I was just so scared that you had left me. I looked upstairs, I looked downstairs, and when I couldn't find you, I freaked out. I'm so sorry for that. You came home to me freaking out." I said, apologizing.

"Baby, it's okay. Don't apologize for getting scared. I know that that's one of your fears and I should have just left you a note and been late to the gym." Shawn said.

"It's okay. You're home now, that's all that matters. Now, how about you go shower? You stink, and I say that in the most loving way possible." I asked and said with a giggle. Shawn threw his head back with laughter and then nodded.

"Okay, I'll go shower. You just sit down and be your beautiful self, okay? When I get out of the shower, I'll make you some pancakes, that sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"That sounds perfect baby." I said. Shawn smiled at me before placing his lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body. I'm so in love with Shawn and all of the feelings that he gives me. We pulled away and he kissed my forehead.

"Okay baby, I'm going to go shower now. I love you." Shawn said.

"Okay. I love you too." I said. Shawn went upstairs and got in the shower while I sat on the couch reading a book. While Shawn was in the shower, my stomach growled. I needed food. I pushed away the thought of food, and read my book. I would get food soon enough. Shawn soon came downstairs and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey baby girl. Ready for some pancakes?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head.

"I'm so hungry. I didn't eat when I was trying to find you." I said. Shawn frowned.

"I'm sorry honey." He said.

"It's okay. Now, let's get some food in my belly, yeah?" I asked. Shawn laughed and nodded. Shawn told me to keep reading my book, that he would make the pancakes, so I sat on the couch and did what he said. Soon enough, Shawn placed two plates of pancakes on the table. I walked over to the table and licked my lips.

"Breakfast is served." Shawn said with a smile. I sat down with Shawn and we ate.

"Thank you for not leaving me." I said while we were eating.

"Baby I could never leave you. Never. I could never, would never, and will never, ever leave you." Shawn said. I nodded, got up, and walked over to him so I could give him a kiss. I felt the same oh so familiar feelings all over again. The sparks, the butterflies, the heart racing. All of it. I love Shawn, and I'm so glad that he's home.