140. Aaliyah Doesn't Like You

A/n: Okay so I know that I made Aaliyah sound like a bitch in this but I was just trying to make it seem like she didn't like Y/n. Anyways, please enjoy. Okay, let's begin!

I've been dating the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes, for three months now and tonight I'm going to meet his family. I know that he's very close to his parents, Karen and Manny, and especially his sister, Aaliyah, so I really hope that they all like me. Shawn must have been able to sense my nerves as we drove with his hand on my thigh, because he began to speak.

"Are you okay honey?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah, just um, just nervous." I said.

"Why are you nervous?" Shawn asked.

"Well, I know how important your family is to you and I just really want to make a good first impression." I said. Shawn nodded.

"You're going to do great honey. I promise." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. We soon arrived at his childhood home and walked inside.

"Mom! Dad! Aaliyah! Y/n and I are here!" Shawn yelled. Karen showed up first and hugged Shawn.

"Hello there my darling! How are you?" She asked him just as Manny, Shawn's dad showed up.

"I'm good. Mum, Dad, this is my amazing girlfriend Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said while smiling at me.

"Hi Y/n, it's so nice to meet you! We've heard so much about you." Karen said, causing me to blush.

"It's nice to meet you to Mr. and Mrs. Mendes." I said as I shook their hands.

"Oh please, call me Karen." Karen said with a warm smile.

"And call me Manny." Manny said. I smiled and nodded.

"Where's Aaliyah?" Shawn asked.

"Oh she's in the living room." Karen said. Shawn nodded as he interlaced our fingers together and brought me into the living room. Once Aaliyah saw Shawn, her whole face lit up, and she went running towards him.

"Shawn!" She yelled. Shawn let go of my hand so he could hug his little sister.

"Hey there dork. Liyah, I want you to meet my girlfriend. This is Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said as he pulled away from the hug. Aaliyah looked me up and down and nodded.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi. Nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you." I said with a nervous smile.

"I've heard a lot about you too. Shawn talks about you so much that it's annoying, to be honest with you." Aaliyah said. Oh. Okay then. Shawn opened his mouth to say something but Karen soon called us into the dining room for dinner.

"So Y/n, tell us about yourself." Karen said. Shawn's hand was on my thigh and because he could tell that I was nervous, he squeezed. I started to tell them about myself but was soon interrupted by Aaliyah.

"Oh my gosh, you talk so much." Aaliyah said.

"No she doesn't!" Shawn practically yelled.

"Aaliyah, I asked her to tell us about herself and that's what she's doing. Please don't be rude to our guest." Karen said before looking at me. "Go ahead hun."

"If she's going to keep talking then I'm going upstairs." Aaliyah said.

"Aaliyah, what has gotten into you?" Manny asked. Aaliyah stood up.

"Nothing. I'm going to go to my room." Aaliyah said, and left.

"I am so sorry Y/n, she's never like that." Karen said.