154. Father's Day

A/n: Okay so I know that Father's Day isn't for a few more months, but this popped into my head and I just wanted to write it. I hope that you guys enjoy it. Okay, let's begin!

I woke up in the morning to find that my husband of almost two years, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, was not next to me. Instead, there was a note on his side of the bed. I read it.

Good morning Mrs. Mendes,

I got called into the studio this morning by Andrew. I don't know when I'll be home but I promise you that I won't work late. I made you some pancakes, they're on the counter in the kitchen. I hope you and Rose have fun today. Call me if you need anything or if there's a problem. I love you and my little Rosie girl.

Love,

Your husband.

I smiled and got up out of bed. He's always called our ten months old daughter, Rose, his Rosie girl. It's so cute. He also loves to call her sweet pea. I made my way down the hall and into Rose's pink bedroom. She was sleeping so peacefully. I texted Shawn saying good morning and he sent me back a kissy face emoji. I went downstairs and there were Shawn's delicious pancakes. I sat down and ate them. As soon as I finished eating, I heard Rose cry, and I ran upstairs. I immediately picked her up and held her.

"It's okay honey, Mommy's here. Do you need your diaper changed?" I asked and sniffed her butt. Nope. "Do you need to be fed?" I asked as I carried her downstairs to get her a bottle. As she drank it, I talked to her, even though she wasn't talking back yet. "Father's Day is in a month. What should we get Daddy for his first Father's Day?" I asked, but of course, she didn't answer. I then had an idea and picked up my phone to call Shawn's photographer, Josiah Van Dien.

"Hey Y/n, how are you?" Josiah asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. Shawn's giving me a worried look, is everything okay?" Josiah asked. My eyes widened.

"Crap, I didn't realize that you were with Shawn. Everything's okay. I just have an idea for Father's Day but I need your help and I obviously don't want Shawn to know." I said.

"Okay. Shawn, don't worry, she says that everything's okay. I'll be right back, I just have to go into another room." Josiah said.

"Okay." I said. There were a few moments before Josiah started to speak again.

"All right, talk to me." Josiah said. I smiled.

"Okay, so I know that you've taken plenty of photos of Shawn and Rose together, and I was hoping that you could send me your top ten favorite pictures of just the two of them. I want to have it framed for him. Just please don't tell him." I requested.

"Sure, no problem, I can do that. Now, what do I tell him if he asks what we talked about?" Josiah asked. I thought for a moment.

"Tell him that it has to do with Father's Day and that he can't know." I said.

"Okay." Josiah said.

"Thank you so much for this." I said.

"No problem. Bye Y/n." Josiah said.

"Bye." I said, and we hung up. A few minutes later, I got a text from Josiah.

Josiah: Shawn is saying that whether you like it or not, he's going to get you to tell him what the Father's Day thing is.

Me: Lol, in his dreams.

I got a phone call about a minute later from Shawn.

"Hi honey." I said.