32. Rose's Boy Problems

A/n: So, this one isn't really about Y/n and Shawn, but about how Shawn would be as a father. He would be such an amazing dad, omg.

My husband, Shawn Mendes, is very protective of our children, Rose, Jake, and Sarah. Rose is sixteen, Jake is fourteen, and Sarah is twelve. Rose is becoming more and more interested in boys, which Shawn doesn't like.

"Mom? Can I talk to you in private?" Rose asked while I was sitting next to Shawn on the couch. I nodded.

"Of course." I said before turning to Shawn. "I'll be right back." I said as I stood up and followed Rose upstairs and into her bedroom. "So what's up sweet pea?" I asked.

"There's a guy that I like. His name is Jason, and I really like him, mom. How do I talk to him?" Rose asked. My little girl was growing up.

"Well, you could always just go up to him and strike up a conversation with him. Then, you could ask him for his number. See where it goes from there. How does that sound?" I said and asked. She smiled and nodded.

"Okay. Wait, what if he doesn't like me back?" Rose asked.

"Well, there are other fish in the sea and it's not the end of the world. I had to kiss a few frogs before I found my prince, and now look. I've been with my prince for over twenty years and we're still head over heels for each other, and we have three beautiful children." I said with a smile. Shawn is the love of my life, and I don't know what I would do without him. There was a knock on the door before it was cracked open a little.

"Can I come in?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course." I said with a smile. Shawn walked in and stood in front of Rose and I since we were sitting on her bed.

"Everything okay?" He asked, and you could see the concern etched across his face. I nodded, stood up, and kissed his jaw.

"Yeah, just telling her that there are plenty of fish in the sea. There's a boy that she likes." I said. Shawn's eyes widened.

"Rosie girl, you're not allowed to date until you're thirty, maybe even forty." Shawn said.

"Shawn! Come on, let her live her life." I said. Shawn looked at me. He looked upset.

"Can I talk to you in our room?" He asked me. I nodded. Oh God. Rose grabbed my hand before I left the room.

"Please don't fight with dad." Rose said. I nodded.

"Trust me, I don't want to fight with him." I said before walking into my bedroom only to find Shawn pacing back and forth. I shut the door.

"How could you do this?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused.

"I don't want her dating." Shawn said.

"Do you think I want her growing up? No, I want her to stay small. They're not even dating, she just likes the boy. Let her live her life Shawn. Do you think my parents were happy with me growing up and getting married and having kids? Sure they were happy for me but they didn't want me to grow up." I said. Shawn walked over to me and put his hands on my waist.

"She's my Rosie girl. I want her to stay little." Shawn said. I nodded and held his face in my hands.

"I know. So do I. But she likes this boy, and we have to respect that. Okay?" I said and asked. He nodded.

"Okay. Come on, let's go cuddle." He said, opening the door.

"She thinks we're fighting." I said. His smile dropped.