143. "Where's My Necklace?"

"Y/n? Baby? I have something for you." Shawn Mendes, my boyfriend of now one year called out to me. I walked out into the living room, where Shawn was. I was wearing a teal dress and white heels. To celebrate our one year anniversary of being together, Shawn was going to take me out to a nice restaurant. When Shawn saw me, his eyes widened.

"How do I look?" I asked nervously. He stood up and put his hands on my hips as I put my hands on his shoulders.

"Beautiful. Gorgeous. Stunning. Every nice word that I can think of." Shawn said, causing me to giggle and blush.

"Thank you. You look very handsome honey." I said. He was wearing black dress pants and a white button down shirt. He smiled at me.

"Thank you baby girl. Oh, I have something for you." Shawn said as he began to walk towards the couch.

"You didn't have to get me anything." I said, even though I had gotten him a song writing journal.

"Baby, we've been together for one year now. Of course I had to get something for you." Shawn said with a smile. He then pulled out a Tiffany's box.

"Oh no Shawn, it's too much." I said, knowing that Tiffany's can get expensive. Shawn chuckled.

"You haven't even seen it yet." Shawn said.

"I know but Tiffany's can get expensive." I said.

"It's fine. You're worth every penny, now please just open it." Shawn requested. I sat down with the Tiffany's box on my lap, and opened it. It was a silver heart necklace that said love on it. I gasped.

"Oh my gosh Shawn, it's beautiful." I said. Shawn smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you my dear." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Thank you. Do you want to help put it on me?" I asked Shawn. He nodded. I stood up and moved my hair out of the way so he could put the necklace on properly.

"There. You look beautiful, my love." Shawn said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Come on let's get going." Shawn said as he gently grabbed my hand and led me out to the car. We had a very nice dinner, and a very nice one year anniversary.

Three years later

"Shawn? Do you know where my love necklace is?" I called out to my loving boyfriend of four years. Shawn poked his head into our closet, which is where I was, frantically searching for that necklace. Shawn shook his head.

"No. Why? You can't find it?" Shawn asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously not if I asked you if you know where it is." I snapped, feeling frustrated.

"Okay, no need to snap at me." Shawn said. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Shawn hesitantly walked over to me.

"I'm sorry I snapped, I just, you gave me that necklace for our one year anniversary and now I can't find it and I'm freaking out." I said. Shawn pulled me in for a hug.

"First: breathe. Can you do that for me please?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said before taking a few deep breaths in and then out.

"Good. Now, where was the last place you saw it?" Shawn asked. I thought for a moment.

"Um, I had put it on our bed because I always take it off when I shower and I just took a shower." I said. Shawn nodded. I gasped when I remembered something.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"Arabella was on the bed. Oh my gosh Shawn, what if she ate it?" I asked. Arabella is our bichon frise dog. Shawn's eyes widened and he soon ran over to Arabella, who, practically right on cue, coughed.

"Oh no." Shawn groaned.

"Do we take her to the vet?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, let's do that." Shawn said, and soon we were all in the car, on the way to the vet.

"Hi, how can I help you guys today?" The person at the desk asked us.

"We think our dog ate my necklace." I said. The woman nodded and soon we were brought into a room.

"Well, we're going to have to do X-Rays to see if the necklace is in there." The vet said. Shawn and I nodded and waited. Soon the results came back. "It looks like Arabella here thought that your necklace was food for some reason."

"She ate it? It's in her?" I asked the vet. He nodded.

"Yup." He said.

"So what do we do?" Shawn asked.

"Well, she should poop it out in a couple of days. Just keep an eye out on her stool, and you'll get it back." The vet said. I must have made a face because the vet laughed.

"So... we may have to mess around with her poop once it's come out to see if it's in there?" Shawn asked. The vet nodded.

"That's correct." He said. I groaned. Two days later, I had my necklace back.