177. Missing?

My husband of fourteen years is the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. Together, we have three kids: Rose, who's thirteen, Jake, who's eleven, and Sarah, who's nine. Shawn and I recently got Rose a cell phone because, well, she's been dying to have one and plus she's been spending a lot of time at her friend's houses and we want to be able to reach her.

"Mom? Daddy?" Rose asked as she entered the living room. Shawn and I were cuddled up to each other on the couch.

"Yes sweet pea?" Shawn asked.

"Is it okay if I go for a walk?" Rose asked. Shawn looked at each other and then back at our eldest daughter before nodding.

"Sure. Where are you walking to?" I asked. Rose thought for a moment before shrugging.

"I don't know, but I'm worried about school a little bit, so I just want to clear my head." Rose said. I looked at Shawn and we nodded again.

"Okay. Just keep in touch please." Shawn said.

"I will. My phone is in my pocket." Rose said, and then left. The thing with Rose is that her walks are never short. They're always long walks. But she has her phone with her, so I didn't feel worried. I suddenly felt Shawn's strong arms lift me up and put me on his lap. I squealed, causing him to chuckle. I looked at him and smiled.

"Hi hubby." I said. His smile grew.

"Hi wifey. Can I have a kiss please?" Shawn asked. I giggled and nodded. I put my lips on his and felt my heart race like crazy, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Shawn and I pulled away from the kiss, breathless, and smiled at each other. He rubbed my back.

"You rubbing my back feels nice." I said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Want me to keep doing it?" He asked.

"Yes please." I said while nodding.

"My wife is so polite." He said, causing me to laugh.

"Well my husband is so polite too." I said. He laughed.

"Now, this husband of yours, is he good looking?" Shawn teased. I smiled and nodded.

"The best looking." I said.

"Oh really?" Shawn asked teasingly. I giggled and nodded.

"Yup. What about your wife, is she good looking?" I asked. Shawn's smile was humongous by this point.

"Oh you don't even know the half of it. My wife is the most gorgeous woman in the world. She's pretty amazing too. Most of the time I'm pretty sure that she was the one that put the stars in the sky." Shawn said. I blushed, causing Shawn to chuckle.

"Well it couldn't have been your wife that put the stars in the sky." I said matter of factly.

"Oh really?" Shawn asked with a curious look.

"Yup." I said.

"And why is that?" He asked. My smile grew.

"Because most of the time I'm pretty sure that it was my husband that put the stars in the sky. He's tall enough, he can reach." I teased. Shawn threw his head back with laughter.

"Oh, my sweet, precious, girl, you're too cute. I love you honey." Shawn said. I kissed his nose.

"I love you too, and you're cuter by the way." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"Nope. You're the cutest." He said.

"Well I can't top that one now can I?" I asked. Shawn laughed and shook his head.