40. The Kids Wake You Up

My husband Shawn Mendes and I have two kids, Rose, who's two, and Jake, who's a baby. They have seperate rooms from each other. I was sound asleep when I heard a cry, Jake's cry. I went to leave my husband's grip and get up to get to Jake when I felt someone pull me back down.

"Stay here and rest love, I got him." Shawn said. I nodded. Shawn got up and left the room. I couldn't help but wonder if Jake was hungry or not. What if he needs me? Should I get up? I stood up out of bed and my feet padded down the hall. The door was open a little and I saw Shawn sitting in the rocking chair, holding Jake. Shawn looked up and, when he saw me, he smiled. "What are you doing up honey?" Shawn asked.

"Is he hungry? Does he need me?" I asked in a whisper so we didn't wake up Rose.

"No, he's just being cranky. Isn't that right my little man?" Shawn asked Jake. I smiled. "Go back to bed honey. I'll be in once he falls asleep. Right now he's just staring at me." Shawn said with a quiet chuckle. I giggled and shook my head.

"I want to stay up with my two favorite guys." I said as I sat down in the other rocking chair in the room, next to Shawn. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. But I want you to go back to bed soon, okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled at me and then at Jake.

"Hey Jakey, don't you think that mommy is the most gorgeous woman alive? She's so beautiful. She doesn't believe it when I say it, but someday I'll make her believe it, right Jakey?" Shawn asked our handsome little boy. I laughed.

"Shawn, he can't respond." I said.

"I know, but I can still tell him stuff." Shawn said with a smirk. "I can't wait to play hockey with him when he gets older. I want to teach him so many things." Shawn said. I nodded. Then we heard Rose's cry.

"I got her." I said. Shawn nodded and I went to Rose.

"Mumma." Rose cried when she saw me.

"Hi baby, what's wrong?" I said as I sat down and put her on my lap. I brushed some stray hairs out of her face. She needs a haircut soon.

"I want Daddy." She said.

"Daddy's with Jake." I said, feeling a little unwanted. She started to cry louder. She knew that this would bring Shawn in, and, sure enough, Shawn came running in, Jake not in his arms.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked as he rushed over to us.

"She wants you. Where's Jake?" I asked.

"In his crib. I'll go back to him in a little bit. Rosie girl, what's wrong?" Shawn asked, taking her from me and holding her on his hip.

"I missed you." She said, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I know honey, but it's bedtime." Shawn said.

"Can I sleep with you and Mumma please?" Rose asked. I shook my head.

"No honey, we don't want to make a habit out of that." I said. She started crying harder. Shawn bounced her up and down while rocking her, trying to soothe her, but it was to no avail.

"Rosie girl you have to calm down, your brother is trying to sleep, okay?" Shawn asked Rose. She nodded.

"Daddy?" She asked.

"Yes Rosie?" He asked.

"Will you sing to me?" She asked. Shawn and I smiled at each other and he nodded.

"Of course honey. Any special requests?" He asked.

"Never Be Alone." She said. We used to play that song when she was in my stomach, and the same goes for Jake. Shawn laid Rose down in her bed, and started to sing to her. I checked on Jake. He was sound asleep. I went back to my bedroom and got into bed, but I wanted to wait for Shawn. I always sleep better when I'm in his arms. Soon Shawn walked in.

"What are you still doing up my love?" Shawn asked. I patted my hand on his side of the bed. He smiled and got into bed with me.

"I was waiting for my handsome husband. He's pretty amazing." I said. Shawn smirked.

"Well, your husband must be very lucky to have you as his wife. He probably wonders everyday how he got so lucky." Shawn said. I put my lips on Shawn's and our lips moved in sync with each other. I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away from each other before the kiss got too heated.

"I love you Shawn." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my nose.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said, and with that, I fell asleep in the arms of the man that I love.