91. "Will You Let It Die Or Let It Grow?"

Today is the day that my husband of three wonderful years, Shawn Mendes, and I, bring our two year old daughter Rose to the park. We like to go there every once in a while but not very often. Why not very often? Because Shawn could be spotted by fans, and as much as he loves them, he also needs time with his family. He loves Rose and I, and in return, we love him. He cares for us, supports us, is there for us, everything.

"Are you ready for the park my Rosie girl?" Shawn asked Rose as she played with her toys. That's what he's been calling her since she was born, his Rosie girl. She clapped her hands and nodded.

"Yeah!" She yelled.

"Me too. But you have to promise to hold my hand this time, we don't want you running off like last time, okay? You scared Mommy and I." Shawn asked and said. She nodded and looked down.

"Okay. Sorry Daddy." She said.

"It's okay. We just love you very much and we don't want anything bad to happen to you." Shawn said. Rose nodded and then went back to her toys. Shawn walked over to me.

"Hi honey." I said.

"Hi baby girl. Ready for the park today?" He asked. I smiled and nodded before brushing a stray curl out of his face.

"Yeah. I'm ready for family time. I've missed you and our family outings." I said. Shawn frowned. He's been at the studio and LA a lot lately, causing him to be away from his family.

"Can I ask you a question baby?" He asked. I would usually point out the fact that he just did, but I could tell that he was really serious this time. I nodded.

"Of course. You know that you can ask me anything." I said.

"Am I a bad dad and husband?" He asked, tears forming in his eyes. I backed up a little but held his face in my hands.

"Baby, what are you talking about? Where did you get that idea?" I asked. He looked out the window and shrugged while wiping away some tears that had fallen.

"I just feel like I'm away from you guys so much, you know? And it's not fair to you guys." He said. I shook my head.

"Baby boy," I started, knowing how much he loves that nickname. "You're the absolute best father and husband that anyone could possibly ask for. Sure you're away sometimes but you're away so you can support your family and live your dreams."

"But baby, my family is my dream." He said, causing me to smile. I rubbed his cheek with the pad of my thumb, knowing how much he loves that. He leaned into my touch, wanting more, and closed his eyes.

"But you traveling is because you're living your dream career wise." I said. He opened his eyes and nodded.

"Yeah. I love what I do." He said with a smile.

"See? Now come on, let's get ready and go to the park mister rock star." I said, patting his butt. I like to do that every once in a while. His butt is a work of art. Like, van Gogh or something. Shawn laughed when I patted his butt. He walked over to Rose.

"Hi sweet pea. It's time to get ready for the park." He said. I smiled. He's such an amazing father. Rose looked up at him.

"Okay." She said. He picked her up and carried her up the stairs and into her room. I followed behind, but went into mine and Shawn's bedroom.

It's fall, so I put on black leggings and a blue long sleeve that Shawn bought me. I love it so much, especially since Shawn bought it for me. I put on Nike sneakers and one of Shawn's youth hoodies - we have a few of those. I let my hair stay down. Shawn walked in, eyed me up and down, and smiled.