24. He Takes A Break From Tour

Shawn's point of view

I was laying in my bunk in the tour bus, crying, when my phone rang. It was my girlfriend of three amazing years, Y/n.

"Hi baby." I said, already cursing myself because I knew I sounded upset.

"Shawn? What's wrong honey?" She asked.

"I just really miss home and my friends and my family and you. You especially." I said.

"We all miss you too, but you'll be home in a month or so, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. It can't come fast enough. I feel so tired and exhausted." I said. Sometimes, this life could be slightly draining. "I have interviews all next week. I don't even want to go to them." I said.

"I know but you have to." Y/n said.

"I know. I'm going to rest for a little bit but I love you so much baby girl. Wait, why did you call?" I said and asked.

"Because I just wanted to hear your voice. I love you too." She said. I smiled.

"I miss you." I said.

"I miss you too." She said. We said goodbye and hung up. I went to my manager, Andrew Gertler.

"Hey Shawn, you okay buddy?" Andrew asked me.

"No. I need a break." I said. He looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I need to go home. I need you to cancel my interviews for next week. I'm exhausted and I need to sleep in my own bed." I said.

"Does Y/n factor into this?" Andrew asked. Andrew considers my girlfriend as a distraction, so he doesn't like her, even though she's not a distraction. She's my muse, my everything.

"Of course she does but I need to be comforted by her. Talking over the phone isn't cutting it. I need to be with her in our bed." I said. Andrew thought for a moment before nodding.

"Fine. I'll cancel your interviews and you can go home. But only for a week, nothing more. You have shows to do." Andrew said. I smiled and nodded.

"Thank you man." I said. A few days later, and I was on the plane going home to Boston, Massachusetts. Y/n's dad picked me up at the airport. She has no idea that I'm coming home.

"Hey Shawn." Y/d/n said.

"Hey Y/d/n. How are you?" I asked.

"Good. I think that Y/n will be better now that you're back." He said. Wait, what?

"Has she been sad?" I asked.

"Yeah. She really misses you but she said that she doesn't want you to know how sad she is so I probably shouldn't have said anything." Y/d/n said. I nodded, and he drove me home. I thanked him and got out of the car and went inside.

"Hello?" I called out. I soon heard footsteps run down the stairs, and my lovely girlfriend jumped into my arms. Her legs wrapped around my waist and my hands went under her bum so I could hold her.

"Shawn! What are you doing home? Don't you have interviews?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Not anymore. Andrew cancelled them for me." I said. She looked confused.

"But I thought we talked about this. You would go to the interviews and come home soon." She said.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked as I set her down.

"No, just confused." She said.

"I've been exhausted and I need to sleep in my own bed. I need to be with you too. I've missed you." I said. She smiled at me, nodded, and ran her fingers through my hair. I closed my eyes in contentment.

"I love you Shawn." She said.

"I love you too Y/n." I said, and with that, I placed my lips on hers. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. I'm so in love with Y/n and all of the insane feelings that she gives me. It's amazing. We pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"Let's go to bed, yeah? Get you some rest." Y/n asked and said. I nodded and scooped her up into my arms. She let out a squeal and I carried her up to our bedroom.

"You're going to nap with me." I said. She nodded.

"I would love to." She said with a smile. I gave her another gentle kiss on the lips and then one on the forehead.

"I can't wait to marry you someday baby girl." I said. We've talked about marriage before. She hummed.

"I can't wait either, but let's wait a year or so, okay?" She asked. I nodded, and with that, we fell asleep. We spent a wonderful week together, mostly cuddled up in bed or on the couch. It was great. I love my girlfriend and this break so much.