8. He Gets Hate

Lately my boyfriend Shawn Mendes has been acting differently. By that I mean that he's been distant. He still gives me hugs and kisses and holds me at night, but he isn't really talking much. I don't know if I did anything wrong or not, but it's been going on for the past three days and I need to confront him about this.

I came home from work determined to confront Shawn on what's going on. I walked in the house and could hear crying. I instantly became worried because the only other car that was in the driveway was Shawn's. It sounded like the cries were coming from upstairs, in our bedroom. I walked upstairs and saw that the bathroom light was on. When I went into the bathroom, I saw that Shawn was laying on the floor, crying. I rushed over to him.

"Shawn? What's wrong baby boy?" I asked. Shawn sat up and immediately hugged me. We sat on the bathroom floor and I held him as he cried for a couple more minutes. Finally, he stood up.

"Can we go lay in bed?" Shawn asked.

"Only if you promise that you'll tell me what's going on." I said. Shawn thought for a moment and then nodded.

"Okay. I'll tell you what's going on." Shawn said. I gently grabbed his hand and led him over to our bed. I laid on my back and he put his head on my chest and wrapped an arm around me. I ran my fingers through his hair.

"So, why were you crying and why have you been distant hun?" I asked. Shawn started to cry again. I don't think I've ever seen him like this.

"Well, I've been getting some hate and it's really bothering me." Shawn said.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I'm not going to say that you shouldn't let it bother you, because that's easier said than done, but I'm so sorry baby boy." I said, still running my fingers through his hair.

"It's okay. I just feel like I should be used to it by now. I've been famous since I was what? Fifteen? Sixteen? And I'm still not used to it. I just don't know what to do." Shawn said.

"I don't think you'll ever get used to it. Sorry if that seems harsh, but it's hate. What are they even saying babe?" I said and asked.

"They're saying that my music sucks and some of them are saying that I should kill myself." Shawn said as he cried.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I wish that I could make this all stop and take all of your pain away. I love you so much Shawn. Please don't ever think that your music sucks because your music is beautiful and especially please don't ever kill yourself. I would never be able to live without you and so many people love you Shawn." I said.

"Baby I could never do that. I wouldn't want to leave you. I'll never kill myself, I promise. You really like my music that much?" Shawn asked. I giggled.

"Babe it's all that I listen to." I said. Shawn smiled for the first time since I got home. "You've been so distant lately and I thought that I did something wrong, but please don't ever be distant like that again. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know what. Let me help you next time, okay?" I asked. Shawn nodded his head while looking up at me.

"Okay baby, I'm sorry I was distant." Shawn said. I pushed a loose curl away.

"It's okay, just come to me next time, okay? I'm always here for you." I asked and said. Shawn smiled at me again.

"Darling?" Shawn asked.

"Yes, my love?" I asked.

"Can I kiss you?" Shawn asked. I smiled and giggled.

"You never have to ask, now get those lips over here." I said. Shawn moved so his body was hovering over mine, and he put his lips on mine. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body. Shawn makes my knees weak. We have the type of love that people write stories about, and I love each and every single one of the feelings that Shawn gives me. I love him so much, and I'll always be here for him.