26. "I'll Kick Your Ass!"

"Are you sure you're okay watching your little brother and sister?" I asked my sixteen year old daughter Rose as she stood with her brother Jake, who's fourteen, and her sister Sarah, who's twelve.

"Mom I'm fine. Just have a nice dinner with dad, okay?" She asked. I nodded. Shawn Mendes, my husband, had stepped out to grab something before our date tonight. I soon saw his car pull into the driveway. I was wearing a pink dress (A/n: dress in above picture) with pink heels. Shawn walked in and his eyes widened when he saw me.

"WOO! Damn am I lucky or what?" Shawn asked. I laughed and blushed. After over twenty years together, he still gives me butterflies and makes me blush. I'm still so in love with him. He had something behind his back.

"You are very lucky dad." Rose said.

"And I'm very lucky to have such beautiful kids too." Shawn said, pulling flowers from behind his back.

"Oh my God Shawn, they're beautiful." I said.

"Not as beautiful as you." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Come on, let's get going. Bye guys, thank you for this Rosie." I said.

"No problem. Bye mom and dad." Rose said as she waved and Shawn and I got into the car. We soon arrived at the restaurant.

"We haven't had date night in so long. I've missed this." I said after we were seated and ordered our food and drinks.

"Remember that date night when we conceived Sarah?" Shawn asked with a smirk.

"Shawn! Oh my gosh, but yes I do remember that date night." I said with a blush. Shawn laughed.

"I remember our first date." Shawn said. I smiled at the thought. Shawn and I met at a Justin Timberlake concert and went on our first date to see Love, Simon at the movies.

"I remember it too. That was a nice night." I said.

"It was my dear, it really was. We had our first kiss that night." Shawn said.

"Yup. That kiss was amazing and every kiss after has been wonderful." I said. Shawn smiled.

"They really are amazing. I get butterflies and sparks and my heart races every damn time we kiss." Shawn said. I nodded and date night eventually came to an end. The paparazzi were outside, and Shawn immediately reached out for my hand. I took his hand and felt safe and warm. "Don't let go of my hand." Shawn said.

"I know." I said with a nod.

"SHAWN! SHAWN! HOW ARE THE KIDS?" One paparazzo yelled. Instead of answering and feeding into them, we ignored them.

"SHAWN, WHEN'S THE NEW MUSIC COMING?" Another one yelled. My eyes were on the ground but my hands were latched onto Shawn's hand and arm. Someone, a paparazzo, grabbed onto my arm, almost causing me to fall backwards, but I was latched onto Shawn, so he went back too. Shawn turned to the guy.

"DID YOU JUST TOUCH HER?" Shawn yelled. The guy shook his head. "YES YOU DID I SAW IT OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE! NEVER TOUCH HER AGAIN OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" Shawn yelled. I felt upset and Shawn's yelling only made things worse.

We left quickly and got in the car. I wanted to cry, but not while the paparazzi were around. I would wait until I was in my bedroom. Shawn's hands gripped the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white.

"Baby I'm okay. Just shaken up." I said. He nodded.

"I don't like it when people touch you. He practically yanked you back. God, he was an asshole." Shawn said.

"I know, but I'm okay. Thank you for looking out for me." I said with a small smile.

"Anything for you my love. Come on, we're home." Shawn said. We went inside.

"Rose?" I called out when we got inside.

"Mom are you okay? I saw TMZ." Rose said.

"I'm fine." I said.

"No you're not," Shawn said. "I can tell that you're not okay. Come on love, let me help you get changed and then we'll talk." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Thank you Rose. I love you honey, goodnight." I said. She smiled at me.

"Goodnight mom, goodnight Daddy." She said. She's always been a big daddy's girl. Shawn gave her a kiss on the forehead and I gave her a hug. Shawn and I went into our bedroom and I immediately started to cry.

"No, no, no, baby, don't cry." Shawn said.

"I just, I got scared because of what he did and I'm not used to hearing you yell, so that kind of freaked me out too." I said as I cried. Shawn hugged me.

"Honey I am so sorry that my yelling freaked you out. I saw him grab you out of the corner of my eye and then all I saw was red." Shawn said.

"It's okay, I just want to take this dress off and go to bed. Can we cuddle please?" I said and asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"Y/n, you never have to ask. Come on, I'll help you get the dress off." Shawn said. He did as he said he would and when my dress hit the floor, he kissed my shoulders. "I love you." He whispered. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said. He helped me into pajamas and I helped him get undressed too. As I was undoing the buttons on his shirt, I could feel his eyes studying my face.

"You're so beautiful." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Thank you." I said. He got changed and we cuddled in bed. I'm so happy and grateful for the fact that Shawn protects me.