102. Returning Home After The AMA's

Last night my boyfriend of four years, Shawn Mendes, won an American Music Award for favorite adult contemporary artist, and I could not be any prouder of him. Due to the fact that I have school, I couldn't go with Shawn and be his plus one to the AMA's, which made me a bit sad. Today, Shawn is coming home from LA. I'm really excited and I've already made him some dinner and set everything up.

I was sitting on the couch watching the tv, impatiently waiting for my amazing boyfriend to come home. I haven't seen him in what feels like forever so I can't wait to hug him, kiss him, and cuddle with him again. Soon, the door swung open and Shawn walked in. I ran over to him and jumped into his arms. My legs went around his waist, my arms went around his neck, and his hands and arms went underneath my bum so he could hold me securely.

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said with a smile.

"Hi there my rockstar. How was your flight?" I asked. He tapped my legs and set me down.

"Tiring." He said with a sigh.

"Well, after dinner we can go to bed." I said, taking his hand to bring him into the dining room, but he gently pulled me back.

"I never got a kiss." He said with a smirk. Before I could say anything, he immediately put his lips on mine and I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot around my body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. We pulled away.

"Better?" I asked Shawn with a giggle. He nodded and pulled me in for a hug.

"Much." He said.

"Honey?" I asked.

"Yes love?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"As much as I love this hug, dinner's going to get cold." I said. Shawn chuckled and nodded his head as he let go of me. We held hands as we walked to the dining room table. I heard him gasp, and I looked at him.

"Baby, you shouldn't have." He said. I had bought a bouquet of roses and put them in a vase which I put at the center of the table. I had hung lights up in the dining room. I had put candles on the dining room table, and of course, our chicken alfredo dinner were on plates at the table.

"Well, when your man is a rockstar and wins an award, you have got to treat him." I said with a smile.

"I know but honey this is too much." Shawn said. I frowned.

"Do you not like it?" I asked.

"No I love it, but I just feel bad." He said. I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You spoil me, let me spoil you." I said. He looked at me and smiled before nodding.

"Okay. Thank you so much for this honey." Shawn said. I kissed his chin.

"You're welcome. Thank you for thanking me in your speech." I said. Shawn kissed me again quickly.

"Well I had to thank my best friend and my favorite girl." Shawn said. I blushed, causing Shawn to chuckle. We walked over to the dinner table and had an amazing meal. After dinner we went to bed.

"Did you have a nice night?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I did. Thank you honey. I love you." Shawn said.

"You're welcome baby boy. I love you too. Do you want to put your head on my chest and I can run my fingers through your hair?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded again.

"Yes please." He said as he put his head on my chest. I ran my fingers through his hair and pretty quickly he was out like a light. I'm so proud of this man, and I'll spoil him to no end.