95. "Will You Let It Die Or Let It Grow?" pt. 2

Shawn's point of view

I woke up to the sound of a child's cry, Rose's cry. I felt the bed move and instantly reached over to gently pull my wife Y/n back down.

"Don't worry baby girl, I got her." I said.

"But it's morning Shawn." She said with a giggle. That little giggle made my heart flutter.

"I know but you're working hard to carry our baby and you've been working hard with Rose, so you need to rest my love." I said.

One week ago my wife and I took our daughter Rose to the park. At one point, Rose ran off - but we could still see her - and when she came back, she had a rose with her. She lifted up to me and, knowing some of my lyrics, asked if I would let it die or let it grow. I told that for my girls, I would let it grow. When we got home, Y/n told me that I have another reason to let the rose grow: we got pregnant again.

I got up and went to Rose.

"It's okay, Daddy's here." I said as I picked her up.

"Daddy I had a nightmare." She said while crying.

"Oh I'm sorry honey. Do you want to talk about it?" I said and asked. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"The monsters were coming to take you and Mommy away." She said. My heart broke.

"Oh baby, Mommy and I are fine, okay? Mommy's sleeping right now but she's okay. Do you want to help me make Mommy some breakfast?" I asked. She nodded her head against my shoulder.

"Yeah." She said. By now she had stopped crying.

"Okay, what should we make her, my Rosie girl?" I asked. I love calling her that. I've been calling her that since she was born. Rose thought for a moment.

"Pancakes!" She yelled.

"Shhh, we have to be quiet, Mommy's sleeping." I said as I set her down in the kitchen.

"Sorry Daddy." She said.

"It's okay. Here, let me pull over the stool and put you on it so you can help." I said. I did exactly that. Rose stood on the stool and helped me to make the pancakes.

"Do you want the flour now Daddy?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes please my sweet pea." I said.

"Hey Daddy?" She asked.

"Hey Rosie?" I asked.

"When you said 'yes please my sweet pea' it rhymed." She said. I laughed, causing her to giggle.

"Should I write a song about that?" I asked her. She giggled again, causing my heart to swell with joy because, well, her happiness is my happiness. She shook her head.

"Nooo." She said.

"And why is that?" I asked her.

"Because it wouldn't be a good song. Write about me!" She said. I laughed and kissed her forehead.

"I already do honey, I already do. You and Mommy are my inspirations." I said. I didn't add in there that the one in Y/n's belly is already another one of my inspirations. Rose doesn't know that we're pregnant again. Y/n wants to go to the doctor and get it confirmed that she has a baby in her belly before we tell Rose, or our any family members for that matter.

"Will Mommy and I always be your inspiration?" Rose asked. I nodded as we finished up making the pancakes.

"Always and forever my sweet girl." I said. She smiled at me.