34. Hate and Depression

A/n: Okay so I know that Shawn's currently in Amsterdam celebrating his birthday, but let's pretend that it's July, shall we? Also, this switches between Y/n and Shawn a couple times. Okay, let's begin!

I hate Y/n. She isn't right for Shawn.

Y/n is so fat and ugly.

Shawn should just leave Y/n.

There was so much hate on my twitter timeline. All of the hate was directed at me. I hate getting hate, and I don't know what to do about it. It's causing my depression to act up. I get hate because my boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, is a famous singer and songwriter and some of his fans don't like me. I haven't told him about the hate yet, and I don't plan on telling him at all. He'll just get upset. Not with me of course, but he'll get frustrated with the fans, who probably aren't even real fans, who are doing this. Shawn's currently in Toronto, visiting his family. He hadn't seen his family in a bit, so he wanted to see them before he went back on his festival run. I want to see him and be with him, but because of work, I can't. Ugh.

Shawn's point of view

I am currently in Toronto with my parents and sister. I hadn't seen them in a while so I wanted to go and visit them. I was in the living room with them when my phone rang. It was Grace, Y/n's best friend. This must be important, she never calls. She always texts. I excused myself and left the room.

"Hey Grace, is everything okay?" I asked.

"No, I think you should fly back here." She said.

"Why? What's going on?" I asked, suddenly panicking.

"Y/n has been getting a lot of hate and it's triggering her depression. It's really bad Shawn." Grace said.

"I'll be on the soonest flight back." I said before saying goodbye and hanging up. I walked back into the other room.

"Everything okay?" My dad asked. I shook my head and told them what was going on.

"Go to your girl Shawn." My sister Aaliyah said. I smiled, packed my stuff and was on the next flight home. I need to see my girl.

Your point of view

I was sitting on the couch eating a pint of ice cream when the door opened and Shawn walked in. Before I could even get up to hug him, he rushed over to my side.

"You okay Shawn?" I asked. He pulled away and held my face with his hands.

"The real question is are you okay, and I want you to be honest with me." Shawn said. I gave him my best fake smile and kissed his nose.

"I'm better now that you're here. What are you doing home?" I asked.

"I got a call from Grace. She said that you've been getting a lot of hate and that it's triggering your depression. Baby why didn't you tell me?" Shawn asked. I started to sob. Shawn held me, and as he put his arms around me, I was home.

"I didn't want you to get upset." I said. Shawn pulled away.

"Oh honey. Did you think I would get upset with you or just in general?" Shawn asked.

"Just in general." I said. He nodded.

"It does frustrate me but -" Shawn started.

"See this is why I didn't want to tell you. Plus I knew that you would drop everything and I didn't want you to do that." I said.

"But baby, I will always be here for you, you know that, right?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"I know." I said.