11. Wedding Day

Today is the day that I marry the love of my life, Shawn Peter Raul Mendes. I'm excited but I'm nervous too. I'm not going to leave him at the altar, trust me, I'll be walking down that aisle. I just don't like standing in front of so many people even though they're all loved ones. Shawn and I decided that our guests could sit anywhere they wanted, as long as the immediate family members got the front row. We don't want my family on one side of the aisle and his on the others. This is a day to bring people together, not keep them seperate.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." My best friend and maid of honor, Grace, said to me. She can always tell when I'm nervous. I nodded.

"I agree with Grace." Gabby, my cousin and one of my bridesmaids said. I nodded and went over to one of my other bridesmaids, Shawn's sister Aaliyah.

"Hey Aaliyah, do you think that Shawn still wants to marry me? I'm so nervous." I said while playing with my fingers.

"Y/n, don't worry. Shawn loves you, of course he still wants to marry you. Do you want me to go get him?" Aaliyah asked. I thought for a moment. I nodded.

"Yes but I don't want him to see me. It's bad luck. I'll talk to him through the door." I said. She nodded. I politely kicked everyone out and Aaliyah got Shawn. He opened the door a little and stuck his hand in. I put my hand in his and felt sparks shoot through me.

"I hear you're nervous baby girl." Shawn said through the door.

"Yeah, just a little bit." I said.

"Do you... do you want to call off the wedding?" Shawn asked nervously.

"No, oh God no. I still want to marry you, I just don't want to stand in front of everyone. It makes me nervous." I said.

"Well, how about this, when you walk down the aisle, just focus on me, just me. Okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll just stare at your handsome face." I said with a giggle. Shawn laughed.

"I know that I can't see you, but you look beautiful." Shawn said. I blushed. "Are you blushing?" Shawn asked.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Because I know you, and you always blush when I call you beautiful." Shawn said. I laughed. "I have to go, but remember, just focus on me, only me, okay?" Shawn asked.

"Okay. I love you." I said. I could hear Shawn smile.

"I love you too, my sweet, precious girl." Shawn said before releasing my hand. Soon everyone walked back in and my nerves had gone away because of my talk with Shawn.

"How are you feeling?" My mom asked me.

"Better. Much better." I said. She nodded. Soon, my dad walked in and started to cry when he saw me.

"You look so beautiful honey." My dad said.

"Thank you Daddy." I said.

"It's time to go." My parents said. I took a deep breath and when the doors opened, I looked at Shawn, and focused on him. He started to cry when he saw me in my floral dress with spaghetti straps. I held back tears. He looked so handsome in his suit. We soon reached Shawn.

"Who gives this bride away?" The officiator asked.

"I do." My dad said. He sat down and I stood in front of Shawn. Shawn wiped some of his own tears away and smiled at me. We soon got to our vows, and Shawn went first.

"Y/n, I have loved you from the very moment that I saw you, and I'll love you until I take my very last breath. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. I practically worship the ground that you walk on. You are the sweetest, smartest, kindest, most loving, most caring, and most amazing person that I've ever met, and no one and nothing gets better than you. I can't wait to start a family with you, but that can wait a year or so," Shawn said, causing everyone to laugh. "You're my darling, precious, lovely, amazing, sweet girl. I love you so much Y/n." I smiled as tears ran down my face. I wiped them away carefully so I didn't smudge my makeup. Next it was my turn.

"Shawn, you are the love of my life, and I honestly have no clue what I would do without you. You're the most handsome man I've ever seen, and you have such a great heart. You're so humble, loving, caring, sweet, kind, and smart. You're the most amazing human that I've ever met, and no one gets better than you. I love you more than I could ever love anyone or anything, besides our kids, but like you said, that can wait a year or so. When I need to cry, you offer me your shoulder. When I need a laugh, you don't stop cracking jokes until you can at least pull a smile out of me, and eventually a laugh. You know how much I love quotes, and I found not one, but two that are fitting for how I feel about you. The first one reads: 'And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.' and the second one reads: 'You are my today and all of my tomorrows.' Shawn I will always choose you and you will always be my today and all of my tomorrows. I love you Shawn." I said. Shawn wiped away his tears.

"By the power invested in me. I now pronounce you husband and wife. Shawn, you may kiss your bride." The officiator said. With that, Shawn immediately put his lips on mine. I felt sparks shootout like fireworks throughout my body, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. It was like Shawn and I were the only two people in the room. We walked back down the aisle with our friends and family high-fiving us and cheering.

Shawn and I soon got to the reception area. I danced to Blackbird by The Beatles with my dad for our last dance, and Shawn danced with Karen to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's song Over the Rainbow for their last dance. Then, Ed Sheeran got up on stage and sang Thinking Out Loud for Shawn and I to dance to for our first dance as husband and wife. I soon felt like I needed air, so I stepped out onto the balcony. Soon after, the balcony doors opened again, and Shawn walked up to me.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes, you okay?" Shawn asked, a look of concern etched across his face. I nodded.

"Yeah, it was just getting a little stuffy in there, so I needed some air. I love you Mr. Mendes." I said with a smile. The concern that was on his face washed away, and Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too, my sweet, sweet, precious, Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said before kissing my forehead. My eyes fluttered shut at the warmth of his lips.

"I'm so lucky and blessed to be married to you Shawn." I said.

"I'm the lucky and blessed one. Damn baby girl, I hit the jackpot when you said yes to being my girlfriend and then when you said yes to being my wife." Shawn said. I smiled and brushed a stray curl away from his forehead. He reached his hand up and rubbed my cheek. He knows how much I love it when he does that.

"Come on, let's go back." I said. Shawn nodded, took my hand, and we went through the balcony doors. The rest of the night went great and Shawn and I, along with our guests, had a lot of fun. My cousin Gabby caught the bouquet and Shawn's friend Brian caught the garter. Soon, Shawn and I left so we could get changed before going to the airport so we could go on our honeymoon.

"Well that was fun." Shawn said once we got in the car.

"It was. I love you Mr. Mendes." I said.

"I love you too Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said, and once again, we kissed as husband and wife.