2. You Tell People You're Pregnant

My husband Shawn Mendes and I are three months pregnant and we wanted to wait until the first trimester was over to tell people, that way we would be safer. Today, my husband and I are going to tell our families that we're pregnant, tomorrow we're going to tell our friends, and next week we're going to announce it over social media. Shawn and I decided to tell my parents and brother first since they live close by. We all agreed to meet at my mom's house, the house that I grew up in. Shawn and I soon pulled up and went inside where everyone was waiting.

"Hi sweetie." My mom said as she hugged me before hugging Shawn.

"Hi dad." I said before giving my dad a hug. While I was hugging my dad, Shawn and Thomas, my brother, were bro hugging. I then hugged my brother while Shawn shook my dad's hand. We all sat down in the living room.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" My dad asked. Shawn and I nodded. "Is everything okay?" He asked. Shawn and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Everything's perfect. We just wanted to tell you something." I said. I looked at Shawn.

"Do you want to tell them or should I?" Shawn asked.

"I'll tell them." I said before turning back to my parents and brother. "We're pregnant with a baby boy!" I said. My family cheered, congratulated us, and hugged us.

"Oh I'm so happy." My mom said as she cried. My dad was getting teary eyed too.

"Shawn's going to be such a good dad." I said, smiling at my husband. Shawn wrapped his arm around my waist.

"And you're going to be such a good mom." Shawn said, smiling at me. I pecked his lips and leaned my head on his chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You two are too cute." My mom said. Shawn and I laughed and soon went home.

"Now we just have to tell my parents and Aaliyah." Shawn said when we got home. We decided to Facetime them.

"Hi Shawn, hi Y/n, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Manny asked as Karen and Aaliyah sat next to him. Shawn and I looked at each other and I nodded.

"We're pregnant!" Shawn said. Karen, Manny, and Aaliyah cheered.

"Congratulations! Do you know the gender yet?" Karen asked as she wiped her tears away. We nodded our heads.

"We're having a boy." I said.

"Congratulations, I can't wait to see him." Manny said as he got misty eyed.

"Congrats guys, I can't wait to see my nephew." Aaliyah said.

"Thanks guys." Shawn and I said at the same time, and then laughed.

"How far along are you Y/n?" Karen asked.

"Three months." I said.

"It's been so hard keeping this a secret from you guys." Shawn said. They laughed.

"Well, you did it, and we're proud of you for that. Gosh, I just can't wait to meet this little one." Karen said. We laughed and smiled.

The next day we invited a few of our closest friends over. This included Brian, Andrew, Zubin, Dave, Eddy, Mike, Camila Cabello, and my best friends Grace, Avery, Anna, and Molly. They all sat in the living room, some of them sitting on the floor because there were no more chairs.

"We have some big news for you guys." Shawn said.

"Want to say it on three?" I asked Shawn. He nodded.

"WE'RE PREGNANT!" Shawn and I yelled. Everyone stood up, congratulated us and cheered.

"I knew you were acting differently!" Grace exclaimed as she hugged me first. I laughed. We hugged everyone and soon everyone left.

"That was fun, now we just have to tell the world." I said, suddenly nervous. Some of Shawn's fans don't like me. How would they feel about me having his baby? Did it matter what they think?

"What's wrong honey?" Shawn asked.

"It's just that, some of your fans don't like me. How are they going to respond to me having your baby?" I asked. Shawn frowned.

"It doesn't matter what they think and how they respond. We're very happy and that's all that matters, right?" Shawn said as he gently took my hands and rubbed the top of them with his thumbs.

"Right. Sorry." I said.

"It's okay hun. Come here." Shawn said as he gently pulled me in for a hug. Ever since I told him that I'm pregnant with his baby, he's been extra gentle with me. Not that he's ever rough with me, but he's just been extra gentle with me. Shawn put his arms around me and I instantly felt like I was in my safe space, my comfortable place, my home. I looked up at him, put my chin on his chest and smiled at him. He looked down at me and smiled before kissing my nose.

"I love you Shawn." I said.

"I love you too Y/n." Shawn said. The week went by quickly and soon it was time for us to announce our pregnancy to the world. I played with my fingers as Shawn took a picture of the ultrasound photo, wrote something for the caption, and posted the photo on Instagram. My phone dinged and I looked at it. I get notifications when Shawn posts, so I unlocked my phone and took a look at what he wrote. It read:

"My wife Y/n and I are proud to announce that in six months we'll have a new addition to our family. Can't wait to see you baby Mendes, mommy and daddy love you so much." Shawn wrote. I liked the photo and commented on it.

"Can't wait to see our baby. Love you Shawny." I wrote.

"We did it. Now everybody knows that our baby boy will be coming soon, they just don't know that we're having a boy." Shawn said with a laugh. I laughed with him.

"I'm glad that everybody knows. I love you Shawn." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead before responding.

"I love you too my dear." He said. Soon, it was time for bed. Shawn and I cuddled up to each other and fell asleep. I can't wait for baby Mendes to get here.