96. His Little Boy

A/n: Okay so I make Rose sound like a five year old here but she's supposed to be three, so let's act like she's three but can talk like a five year old. Okay, let's begin!

Shawn's point of view

Just a couple of months ago, my wife Y/n gave birth to our first son, Jacob Alexander Scott Mendes. We also have a three year old daughter named Rose Lucille Mendes. Almost immediately after Y/n gave birth to Jake, as we call him, I asked my amazing wife if we could have another baby. She said yes but she wants to wait a couple of years. I love my babies and I can't wait to have more.

I was laying in bed when I heard Jake's cry in the middle of the night.

"I got him baby girl." I said to my wife, knowing that she had been awoken. She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Thank you." She said.

"Of course, anything for you my dear." I said.

I walked down the hall and into my little boy's room.

"It's okay, Daddy's here. Come here my little guy." I said. I picked him up and he immediately calmed down. He loves it when either one of his parents hold him.

"Shawn?" Y/n said.

"Go back to bed love." I said, looking at my wife. Even in her sweatpants and hoodie she looked gorgeous.

"Does he need anything?" She asked, walking into the room and ignoring what I said. I smelled his butt and made a face.

"He needs a diaper change. I got it. Please go back to bed my love. It's like, two in the morning." I said. She nodded, kissed my cheek, kissed Jake's cheek, and went to bed. I smiled.

I put Jake on the table that will hold him as I change his diaper, and changed his stinky poopy diaper. What are we feeding this boy? Also, he seems to be growing so fast for a kid who's only two months old. I love this little boy so much. Him, his sister, and their mommy have my whole heart, they're my angels, my loves, my inspiration, so many things. Even though Jake is only two months old, I've already written a song or two about him. One of them was about his birth. When he was born, he came out crying, then he stopped. The cord had been wrapped around his neck, but the doctors cut it. It was a very scary experience. My other song about him is about my love for him.

I soon finished changing Jake's diaper and set him down in his crib. I leaned against the rail of his crib, staring at him. He looks just like his daddy, but he has my wife's eyes and nose. His hair is brown and curly, just like mine. It was a good thing that I didn't leave his room because he soon started to stir. When he opened his eyes, before he could even begin to cry, I picked him up.

"What's wrong with my little boy?" I asked. He just stared at me.

"Shawn?" I heard my wife say. She was leaning against the door frame, smiling at Jake and I.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"Did you change his diaper?" She asked. I looked back at our son and nodded.

"Yeah. I set him down and then he started to stir again so before he could cry I picked him back up." I said. She walked over to me and leaned on me as she smiled at Jake.

"I love my boys." She said, causing me to smile.

"Your boys love you." I said. She smiled at me.

"Come back to bed with me. The three of us need our rest." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah but I just want to keep staring at this little guy." I said. She quietly giggled.

"I know, but we all need sleep. Come on, come cuddle with me." She said. I nodded and set Jake back down in his crib. I held her hand and we walked bed. We got into bed and my beautiful wife put her head on my chest.