43. He Surprises You

"Hey Shawn, it's me, calling again. I keep trying to reach you and you're not answering and nobody will tell me where you are. I'm getting really worried. Call me. Love you. Bye." I said, leaving the millionth voicemail on Shawn's phone. I've been trying to reach him for the past five hours and he won't answer. I'm getting really worried. I usually call him every morning when I wake up so we can talk and when he didn't answer me this morning, I tried calling again. I called him a few more times after that.

It's lunch time, so I decided to make myself a sandwich. I was totally zoned out while making myself the sandwich. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I screamed, dropped the knife onto the counter, and turned around. I came face to face with my handsome boyfriend of three years.

"SHAWN!" I yelled, and started to cry as he held me.

"Shhh baby girl, why are you crying?" Shawn asked. I pulled away.

"I was trying to reach you and I couldn't get to you and nobody would tell me where you were so I'm just really happy that I know where you are now." I said, still crying. Shawn wiped my tears away as I spoke and then pulled me in for a hug.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I wanted to surprise you, that's why no one could tell you where I was." Shawn said.

"Why didn't you call me when you were on your way here just to let me know that you were safe?" I asked.

"My phone died. Here, I'll finish making the sandwich for you and then we can sit down." Shawn said.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. Shawn nodded.

"I'm going to make myself a sandwich too." Shawn said. I nodded.

"How long are you home for?" I asked, nervous for the answer.

"Just a few days. I have another festival to play." Shawn said. I was beside him by now. I nodded. A few days wasn't long enough. Shawn looked at me when I went quiet. "You okay love?" Shawn asked.

"I just wish that you could stay home forever, you know?" I asked. Shawn nodded, walked over to me, and put his arms around my waist while I put my arms around his neck loosley.

"I know, and I wish that too, but I'm living my dream. Plus, my girlfriend is the girl of my dreams. She's pretty amazing. Have you ever met her?" Shawn teased. I giggled and shook my head.

"No, I've never met her before in my life." I said.

"Well, she's pretty amazing. She's really beautiful too." Shawn said as he studied my face. I blushed. "And she's a great cook too. I could go on and on about her." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too honey. I'm going to finish making this sandwich and then we'll cuddle, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Okay honey." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead and then let his lips linger a little bit, which is his way of saying I love you, but through kisses. Shawn went back to making the sandwiches and then we sat on the couch and ate. Once we were done eating, Shawn and I cuddled.

"I missed you so much my love. I just had to come home and see you." Shawn said.

"I missed you too. I'm glad that you came home, I really needed this." I said. Shawn sat up and rubbed my arm.

"Everything okay love?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I just get down sometimes because I miss you so much." I said. Shawn nodded.

"I hate the fact that you get so sad. I wish I could do something about it." Shawn said.

"I'm okay. The phone calls help." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah the phone calls help me too." Shawn said. Shawn and I continued to cuddle, and eventually it was bed time. The next morning I woke up in the arms of the man that I love. Shawn soon stirred and smiled at me.

"Good morning handsome." I said.

"Good morning gorgeous." Shawn said before peppering my neck with kisses, causing me to laugh like crazy.

"Stop, stop." I said. Here's the thing: if I laugh too hard, I pee. But Shawn didn't listen. So I accidentally peed. I finally freed myself from Shawn's grip and ran to the bathroom.

"Oh shit, you peed." Shawn said. I soon came out of the bathroom. Shawn was taking the sheets off the bed.

"I'm so sorry Shawn, I'm so sorry." I said. He walked over to me.

"Baby it's okay, I should have known better. You were telling me to stop and I didn't." Shawn said. I nodded. After cleaning the sheets and putting new ones on, Shawn and I went downstairs to relax. I put my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Yes baby girl?" Shawn asked.

"Your heart is going kind of fast. Are you okay?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"I am. I'm just really in love with you. My heart races when I see you and especially when we kiss." Shawn said.

"You know, we haven't kissed since you got home." I pointed out.

"Well maybe we should fix that." Shawn said. I nodded. He put his lips on mine and my heart started to race as if I had just run a marathon, sparks shot through me like fireworks, and butterflies erupted and flew around in my stomach. I'm so in love with Shawn. The kiss quickly turned heated, and I pulled away before anything could happen.

"Sorry, it was just getting to be a really heated kiss and you know that I'm waiting for marriage before I have sex." I said. Shawn nodded and kissed my forehead.

"I know, and I really admire that about you baby. Come on, let's cuddle again." Shawn said. I nodded and put my head on his chest. We spent the rest of his time at home relaxing. He soon had to leave, so I drove him to the airport.

"You're my hardest goodbye and easiest hello." I said.

"I should write a song and put that in there." Shawn said, causing me to laugh as he put his arms around my waist and I put my arms around him too.

"I love you so much." I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"I love you too, so much my love. No, no, no, don't cry." Shawn said.

"I'm just really gonna miss you." I said.

"I know but I'll be home before you know it." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Bye honey." I said.

"Bye babe." Shawn said. And with that, he got on a plane and left. Even though he's my hardest goodbye, I know that saying hi will be easier, and his surprise will always mean so much to me.