86. The Paparazzi Give You An Anxiety Attack

Tonight's date night with my boyfriend of three years, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and I can't wait. Shawn told me that I didn't have to dress up much, so I wore black jeans, a white shirt with a greenish grayish long scarf, a black purse, a leather jacket, and black boots. Good, I'm nice and warm during this autumn day. I stepped out to where Shawn was. He was wearing a gray shirt with a jacket over it and black jeans.

"Shawn? Do I look okay?" I asked. Shawn turned around and smiled at me.

"Gorgeous, per usual." Shawn said, causing me to blush which caused him to laugh.

"Thank you my love. So where are we going?" I said and asked.

"We're going to a nice restaurant downtown. I really hope that you like it." Shawn said. I put my hand to his cheek and rubbed his cheek.

"I like wherever you take me." I said. Shawn smiled at me again and kissed my forehead.

"I love you my dear." He said.

"I love you too." I said. Shawn patted my back.

"Come on, let's get going." He said. Shawn took me to the nice restaurant and it looked beautiful, even from the outside.

"Shawn are we dressed up enough?" I asked. He chuckled.

"Yes. I've been here before with Andrew." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. We stepped out of the car and when Shawn reached me he immediately reached for my hand. When our hands touched, I felt sparks shoot through me yet I felt safe and warm at the same time. Shawn always makes me feel safe. We walked inside and the restaurant looked beautiful yet casual. I looked around.

"Do you like it?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"I love it." I said with a smile. Shawn and I were soon seated. We both ordered spaghetti.

"You know, you look absolutely beautiful tonight my love." He said, causing me to blush again. He chuckled.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome." I said. Shawn blushed.

"I've missed our date nights." Shawn said. I nodded as I took a bite.

"Me too." I said once I had finished chewing.

"This is nice. Really nice." Shawn said.

"It is." I said. We talked throughout our dinner, when Shawn suddenly frowned as he looked out the window.

"Shit." He said under his breath.

"What?" I asked. He pointed towards the window.

"Look." He said. I looked out the window. Someone must have notified the paparazzi that we were here. Are you freaking kidding me? I have anxiety, and it immediately started to kick in. I looked at Shawn.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"We're okay baby, we're okay." He said, reaching out for my hand. I held his hand and squeezed. "We're okay. Is your anxiety acting up?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. He looked sad and concerned, I could see it in his eyes. "Sorry to worry you." I said.

"No baby, don't worry. You're fine. We do have to leave through the front door since the car is out there but I want you to hold my hand the whole time that we're out there, okay?" He said and asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said.

"Let's just try and enjoy our dinner for right now." Shawn said. Welp, that was going to be hard. I nodded but played with my food. I could feel Shawn's eyes on me. "Baby please eat. I know that you're worried but everything is going to be okay." He said. I nodded.