192. Baby Bump

Once my husband, Shawn Mendes, and I had been married for a year, we decided to start trying to make a baby. A month later, we found out that we had become pregnant, causing Shawn and I to be over the moon with joy. One of the very first things that Shawn said was that he couldn't wait to see my baby bump, and I told him that I was very excited for that too.

Three months into the pregnancy, I looked into the mirror that's in our closet and my jaw dropped.

"SHAWN!" I yelled. He came running into the room.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked while looking panicked. I felt bad for making him panic.

"Nothing is wrong. Everything is perfect. Look! I have a baby bump!" I said. Shawn exhaled as if he had just been holding a breath. He then smiled and walked over to me as I looked at my bump in the mirror. He wrapped his arms around me from behind and placed his hands on my growing belly.

"You scared me hun. But this is amazing. Our little one is in there." Shawn said with a smile. I reached back and let my fingers get tangled in his hair.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Are you excited to find out the gender today?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded and then placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Yup. I can't wait. It's going to be a girl. I can feel it." Shawn said, causing me to giggle.

"Do I get to help set up the nursery?" I asked, but I was already pretty sure of the answer. Shawn's eyes widened and his face suddenly looked stern.

"No. The paint fumes aren't good for the baby and I don't want you getting on your hands and knees to look for parts to put a crib together. Your dad, your brother and I will handle it." Shawn said. I pouted, and Shawn turned me around. He placed a gentle kiss on my pouting lips.

"But I want to help." I said.

"I know hun. But you're already doing enough work. You're carrying our baby around. Come on, let's finish getting ready and then we'll head to the appointment." Shawn said. I nodded and finished getting ready.

"You know what this bump means, right?" I asked Shawn as we got in the car.

"That you have our baby in your belly?" He asked. I laughed.

"Well that too. But it also means that I'm going to need maternity clothing now." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. We'll go shopping tomorrow and you, my dear Mrs. Mendes, will get a whole new wardrobe." Shawn said. I giggled.

"But we should save money for the baby." I said.

"Okay, but do you want clothes that fit you or not?" Shawn asked with a chuckle. I sighed.

"Fine. But I don't like it when you spend money on me." I said.

"Babe, you do know that I had already become a millionaire before I was even twenty, right?" Shawn asked. I laughed and nodded.

"Yup. And that's all because of how amazing you are." I said. Shawn smiled at me and then looked back at the road.

"Thank you. Honey, if I have the money to give you all new clothes, and you need them for your growing belly, I'll spend the money." Shawn said, and I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Shawn interlaced our fingers and squeezed. I squeezed back. We soon arrived at the appointment and were called into the room.

"I see that the belly is growing." Dr. Ackles said when she walked in. Shawn and I nodded.

"Yes, and that makes us so happy." I said, causing Dr. Ackles to laugh.

"Good. Are you guys ready to find out the gender of your baby?" Dr. Ackles asked us and we nodded.