88. One Year Wedding Anniversary

I woke up in the morning and turned onto my side so I could face my husband of now one year, Shawn Mendes. He wasn't there, in bed with me. In his place was a bouquet of roses. Today is our one year wedding anniversary and he makes me happier and fall for him more and more with each passing day. I love him so much and I can't believe that he got me a bouquet of roses, but then again, it's Shawn, he's full of love and surprises.

I wandered out of bed and got dressed. I wanted to look nice for Shawn on our anniversary, so I dressed in jeans, a white shirt, and I put on a light blue jacket over the shirt to keep me warm. Once I was done getting dressed, I went in the bathroom and put my hair up in a bun and put some makeup on. I know that Shawn wouldn't care if I was in a hoodie and sweatpants but I wanted to look nice for our one year anniversary. This past year has been absolutely amazing.

My feet padded down the stairs and I turned into the kitchen. There was Shawn, wearing sweatpants and a pink hoodie, standing at the sink with his back to me, staring out the window, into the backyard. I walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He jumped but soon relaxed, knowing it was just me.

"You okay honey?" I asked. He looked at me, smiled, nodded, and kissed me. We soon pulled away.

"Yeah, just thinking about how lucky I am." He said.

"Well, I think that I'm the lucky one here. I got to marry the most amazing man, who also happens to be my best friend. I love you Mr. Mendes." I said. He smiled at me.

"I love you too Mrs. Mendes. Now, why are you all dressed up?" He asked.

"Well I wanted to look nice for our anniversary." I said. He chuckled.

"Baby, you could be wearing something with holes in it, and you would still look nice. You always look lovely my dear." He said, causing me to blush.

"Thank you honey." I said.

"You're welcome. Did you see the flowers next to you in bed?" He asked. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Yes, thank you for those. I love them." I said.

"I think that you should go notice the other ones." He said, turning me around. I gasped as I walked further and further into the living room. He had bought me dozens upon dozens upon dozens of roses.

"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Shawn, how did you - what did you - how much did you pay for these?" I finally asked. Shawn wrapped his strong arms around me from behind.

"Happy anniversary my love." He said. I smiled and turned around, his arms still wrapped around me.

"Happy anniversary. When did you do this? How did you do it? How much did you pay for this?" I asked. Shawn laughed his gorgeous laugh.

"When did I do it? I ordered them last year on our wedding day -" He started.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"Yeah, I ordered them in advance as I was getting into my tuxedo." He said.

"Oh my gosh." I said.

"How did I do it? Brian and I picked them up and took a good few trips back and forth before they were all brought in. How much did I pay for this? You don't need to know." He said with a smile. I smacked his chest lightly.

"Thank you but you spend too much money on me." I said. He rested his forehead against mine, his arms still wrapped around me in a safe embrace as I wrapped my arms loosely around his neck.

"You're worth every penny." He said, causing tears to form in my eyes. He pulled away and frowned.

"Why are you crying Y/n?" He asked.

"What did I do to deserve you? You amaze me everyday Shawn Mendes." I asked and said.

"I ask myself what I did to deserve you everyday. You amaze me too Y/n Mendes." He said.

"Gosh, being called Mrs. Mendes or Y/n Mendes will never get old." I said. Shawn threw his head back with laughter. Shawn suddenly looked around.

"You know what I didn't think of?" He asked.

"What didn't you think of?" I asked. He looked at me with a smirk.

"How are we going to watch the tv?" He asked. I laughed and shrugged. "We literally can't get to the couch." He pointed out with a laugh.

"That's true. Well, what if we move some of them?" I asked.

"Okay, but before we do that, I want to take a picture of you on the other side of them so I can post it later - if that's okay?" He asked. I smiled, nodded, and kissed his cute nose.

"That's perfect baby." I said. He smiled at me.

"Okay, go on the other side somehow and then I'll take the picture." He said. I did as told, and cupped my own face. I was still in shock that he had done this. He took the picture and then posted it. "Look at Instagram." He said. I pulled it up and saw that he had posted something.

"Today marks one year since I married this gorgeous gal and I had to treat her to some roses. Baby, it's been an honor to be your husband. You make me the happiest man alive and I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for always loving me, caring for me, supporting me, everything. I'm one lucky man. I love you baby girl." He wrote. I smiled and walked back over to him.

"Shawny?" I asked.

"Yes dear?" He asked.

"I'm still tired and hungry." I said with a giggle.

"Well, how about I make you some waffles and bacon while you lay down? Does that sound good?" He asked.

"But I'm wearing makeup and jeans. How am I going to be cozy in bed?" I said and asked.

"I would love for you to be in sweats and no makeup. You look even prettier that way." He said. I blushed.

"Okay. I'll go get changed and take my makeup off and get into bed." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead and I went upstairs. I put on Shawn's hoodie and a pair of my own sweatpants. I took my makeup off but kept my hair up. I got into bed and dozed off almost immediately. I was soon woken up by the smell of maple syrup and bacon. I headed back downstairs and my mouth watered. Shawn soon noticed me.

"Hi baby, ready to eat?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. It smells so good Shawn." I said.

"Chef Mendes, at your service." He said, causing me to throw my head back with laughter. We sat down to eat and had a delicious breakfast.

"You know," I said as we finished our breakfast. Shawn looked at me. "We don't have to spend time on the couch today."

"Then where would we spend it? Do you want to go out? Why are you smirking?" He asked. I laughed.

"We could spend it in the bedroom, no I don't want to go out, and I'm smirking because I want you to make love to me on our anniversary." I said with a blush.

"Wow, basically right to the point. Okay, let's go!" Shawn said as he ran over and picked me up and carried me to our bedroom. I laughed the whole way up the stairs. When we headed back downstairs after a bit, Shawn put on some romantic songs and we danced in the kitchen. We danced for a while, went back up to the bedroom, then went back downstairs and danced some more. After then making our way to the couch and cuddling, it was soon time for bed.

"Thank you for today Shawn." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"You're welcome. Did you have a nice day?" He said and asked. I nodded and put my head on his chest as we cozied up to each other in bed.

"Yes, I did. Did you?" I asked. He nodded.

"I did. I love you Mrs. Mendes." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too Mr. Mendes." I said, and with that, we fell asleep. I'm one lucky gal.