178. Last Name

A/n: Sorry that this one is so short! I hope that you enjoy! Okay, let's begin!

Five months ago, I became engaged to the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. Shawn is the love of my life and I have no clue what I would do without him. We've already set a date for our wedding, it's going to be in the spring. I put together a binder that has all of our plans in it. When Shawn and I first got engaged, he said that he wanted to be involved in everything that had to do with the wedding, except for my wedding dress. He wanted to find out about my wedding dress when he saw me walking down the aisle.

I got home from work and carried the binder inside with me. I basically take it everywhere I go, I don't want anyone to take it or anything. I don't know why anyone would take it, but I just don't want to leave it alone. As soon as I walked in, I saw Shawn sitting on the couch. He smiled when he saw me and stood up so he could come over and give me a hug. I set the binder down before he got to me.

"Hi there baby. How was your day?" He asked. I smiled as he hugged me.

"Hi honey. It was good. I missed you though. How was your day?" I asked. Shawn and I sat down on the couch.

"I missed you too. It was good. I spent it watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix." Shawn said with a chuckle. I laughed. Shawn loves Grey's Anatomy. I then picked up the binder and brought it closer to us.

"Can we talk wedding planning please?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Sure." He said.

"So I was thinking, and maybe we could do flowers at each table? Like, not too many flowers but just some small ones as the centerpiece of the table. What do you think?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before nodding.

"Okay. What kind of flowers? I know that our color theme is white, blue, and gray. So what kinds of flowers would we use?" Shawn asked.

"Well, I was thinking of white roses. What do you think?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded. He then pulled me onto his lap, causing me to giggle.

"I like it. You're so good at this babe. Maybe you shouldn't be a school counselor, maybe you should be a wedding planner." Shawn said. I laughed and shook my head.

"No! I love what I do, you know that. I don't think that I would get as much enjoyment out of wedding planning as I do with school counseling." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah. Your eyes light up whenever you talk about what you're doing at your work." Shawn said. I smiled and nodded. I then became nervous and wriggled myself off of Shawn's lap. I had a question for him, and there was a certain answer that I was looking for. I sat next to Shawn and took one of his big hands in mine.

"Um, I have a question for you." I said.

"Sure, what is it baby?" Shawn asked.

"How would you feel if I took your last name when we get married?" I asked. Shawn's eyes widened.

"You want to take my last name?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I really, really do. I want to be Y/n Mendes." I said with a smile, and Shawn started to smile too.

"Honey, I would love it if you took my last name. But just know that you're going to have it for the rest of your life because that's how long we're going to be married." Shawn said. My smile widened.

"Oh I can't wait Shawn! I'm going to be Mrs. Mendes!" I said. Shawn laughed and then kissed my cheek.

"Y/n Mendes. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" Shawn asked with a smirk, and I laughed at his pun but then nodded.

"Yes it does. I can't wait for our wedding day Shawn. It's going to be magical, I can just feel it." I said. Shawn nodded and then pulled me back into his lap. He likes having me so close to him. Shawn nodded.

"It will be magical honey. I love you so much baby girl." Shawn said. I leaned my head on the side of his head.

"I love you so much too baby boy. I can't wait to be married." I said. Shawn chuckled.

"I know. Just a few more months and then we'll be husband and wife." Shawn said with a smile. My smile grew and I kissed Shawn's cheek. He then turned his head and put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Three months later, Shawn and I were wedded and I became Mrs. Y/n Mendes.