129. You Run A Marathon

A/n: Explicit language in this one! I hope you enjoy. I know that not everyone is from Boston, but I am, plus I'm pretty sure people from all around the world can apply to run in the Boston Marathon.  Also, Boylston Street is where the finish line is. Please enjoy. Okay, let's begin!

My boyfriend of three years, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and I, live in Boston. When we decided to move in together, Shawn said that we could stay in the Boston area. I'm a college student, and Shawn didn't want to disrupt my schooling or my dream job. It was the day of the Boston Marathon and I wanted to go watch. I was inspired by the people crossing the finish line. I watched as people ran to their families and friends and got emotional before they crossed the finish line. It was amazing. I texted Shawn.

Me: I think that I want to run in the Boston Marathon next year.

Shawn: Really?

Me: Yeah. I'm watching people cross the finish line and it's so inspiring.

Shawn: Baby, I will support you no matter what you do. I have to go but I'll see you when I get home.

Me: Okay, thank you. I love you.

Shawn: I love you too my precious love.

I smiled at that text and soon left to go back to mine and Shawn's apartment. I walked in and grabbed my laptop. I did research on the Boston Marathon, on running marathons, and just on so many things. After a couple of hours of research I had made my decision: I wanted to run in the Boston Marathon next year.

I went into mine and Shawn's kitchen and made his favorite dinner, chicken parmesan (A/n: idk if this actually is his favorite but I added that in there). I got us a glass of red wine that Shawn's father, Manny Mendes, had given us and poured two glasses for us. I waited for Shawn to get home as I sat on the couch. I know that he had said that he would support me no matter what I do, but I was still nervous to tell him. Shawn soon walked in the door and I practically ran over to him to give my handsome boyfriend a hug. Shawn chuckled.

"I take it that you missed me?" Shawn asked as he held me in his arms. I looked up and nodded at him.

"Yeah. I made you some chicken parmesan." I said. Shawn's eyes lit up and his smile grew.

"Really?" He asked. I laughed.

"Yes. I know how much you love it." I said. Shawn ducked his head down and put his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just ran a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. We pulled away from each other, smiling and breathless from our amazing kiss. Shawn pinched my butt, causing me to squeal and laugh. He laughed.

"Come on Y/n, let's go eat your delicious food." Shawn said. I nodded and we sat down. "Wine too?"

"Yup. Do you like it?" I asked nervously. Shawn smiled, nodded, took my hand in his and kissed it gently. I smiled.

We soon finished our dinner and sat on the couch to cuddle. When should I bring up the fact that I want to run a marathon. I looked up at Shawn and kissed his jaw. He looked at me and smiled before kissing my nose. He looked over at the other side of the couch.

"Your laptop is open honey." Shawn said as he got up to grab it. He got it in his hands and looked at what was on the screen. He sent me a questioning look.

"What?" I asked, although I was pretty sure that I knew what he had seen.

"You have stuff about marathons open on your laptop." Shawn said. I nodded as Shawn sat back down next to me.