165. Rose Is Sick

I woke up to the sound of my one and half year old daughter, Rose Mendes, crying. I immediately went to stand up and get out of bed so I could go to her, but I felt my husband, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, gently pull me back down.

"Don't worry love, I got her." He said. I nodded and laid back down as he got up and went into her room. I quickly fell back asleep but was woken up by my husband.

"What's up honey?" I asked groggily.

"She keeps coughing and saying that she doesn't feel good. What do I do?" Shawn said and asked. I sat up and walked down the hall with Shawn and into Rose's room. Her nose was red and she kept sniffling.

"Mumma." Rose said as she made grabby hands at me. I picked her up and put my lips to her forehead before I looked over at Shawn.

"Can you grab the thermometer please? She feels warm." I asked and said. Shawn jogged over to the bathroom and quickly came back with the thermometer.

"Here you go." Shawn said as he handed it to me.

"Thank you. Open up Rose and put this under your tongue." I requested. She did as told and when the thermometer beeped, it said that her temperature was 101 degrees (farenheit).

"What is it?" Shawn asked as I frowned.

"One hundred one degrees. I'll call out of work today and stay home with her." I said. Shawn frowned and shook his head as I laid Rose back down in her bed and told her to rest.

"No, no, no. I can take care of her. You go to work babe, I have the day off anyways so I'll just spend time with her." Shawn said. I watched Rose and chewed at my bottom lip as I thought for a moment.

"Are you sure?" I asked, now looking back at my husband. He nodded.

"I'm positive." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Rosie?" I asked.

"Yes Mama?" She asked.

"Daddy's going to stay home with you today and help you get better while I'm at work, okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. Shawn and I said good night to her and walked out of her room and back into our own bedroom. I cuddled up to Shawn and put my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you sure that you're okay doing this? I could call out of work." I asked and said.

"No way babe. I'm her daddy, I can take care of her." Shawn said. I nodded and then drifted off into a deep slumber.

Shawn's point of view

I woke up to my wife's alarm going off. She hit the button to turn off the alarm and then stretched. I rolled over onto my side and moved closer to her.

"Good morning wifey." I said. She smiled a little and I could immediately tell that something was off.

"Good morning hubby." She said as she got out of bed so she could get ready for work. I sat up and then got out of bed too and followed her into our closet.

"You okay baby?" I asked. She sighed and then turned to me.

"I'm just worried about Rose. I mean, this is the first time that she's gotten sick." Y/n said. I wrapped my arms around my wife's shoulders and she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I know Y/n. But she'll be okay. I'll nurse her back to health today, I promise, and if I need to take her to the doctors, I will." I said. Y/n nodded and then went back to getting ready for the day. I went downstairs and started to make pancakes for my wife and I. Y/n soon came downstairs and sat at the table when I put the pancakes down.