22. You Surprise Him On Ellen

My husband, Shawn Mendes, who I have been with for ten years, has been on tour, and today he is on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, also known as Ellen. Shawn has no clue, but today Rose, our daughter, Jake, our son, and I, are going to surprise him since he's been away for so long. Rose is four and Jake is two. I'm a little worried that they'll be sensitive to the crowd and the loud noises of the crowd, but I think that they will be happy once they see their daddy.

"Rose wait for me honey." I requested as she ran ahead of me when she saw Ellen. I was in a separate dressing room than Shawn obviously.

"Hi there, you must be Rose, and you must be Y/n, and this must be Jake." Ellen said as we shook hands. Jake was on my hip.

"Hi Ellen it's so nice to meet you. Shawn says nothing but good things about you." I said. She smiled.

"Good. He's a great guy, as you know. How long have you two been together for now?" She asked.

"Ten wonderful years." I said with a smile.

"That's amazing. Well I'll let you guys get into your dressing room, and you'll know the cue to come out when you hear it. I guess someone's already told you?" Ellen asked. I nodded and we parted ways.

"Rose come here sweetie." I said. I went into the dressing room with the kids and my phone soon rang. It was Shawn. Oh no. I picked up. "Hi babe. Can I call you back? I'm spending some time with the kids and Rose is being a handful." I said. It's not like it was a lie.

"Sure, just wanted to let you know that I'm going on soon. I love you." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Okay. I love you too." I said, and we hung up.

"Momma?" Rose said, as she got teary eyed. Oh no.

"Yes baby girl?" I asked.

"I miss Daddy." She said as she started to cry.

"No, don't cry sweetie, we'll see him soon." I said. She stopped crying.

"When?" She asked.

"In a little bit." I said.

"Okay. Can I play with Bubba?" She said and asked. That's what she calls her baby brother. Bubba. I nodded.

"Yes but you have to be quiet, okay?" I asked. She nodded, and her and Jake started to play. I was told to turn on the tv and I told the kids that they had to be silent. Shawn soon came on the tv and I smiled.

"Come with me." A staff member said. I followed her and we waited for our cue while watching Shawn. The kids were silent but were pointing at Shawn on the tv screen.

"So how hard is it to be away from your family?" Ellen asked Shawn. He sighed.

"Very hard. I love my beautiful wife and beautiful kids so much. They're the lights of my life and I don't know what I would do without them." Shawn said, causing me to be teary eyed.

"Don't cry momma." Rose whispered. I nodded and wiped away the tears carefully so I didn't smudge my makeup.

"How long have you been away from them for?" Ellen asked Shawn.

"A couple of months. Just being away from them for a couple of hours is hard so this is really hard." Shawn said. I felt so bad, but at the same time, he's living his dream.

"Would you like to be reunited with them?" Ellen asked.

"I would love to but I don't think that can happen until I go home in a couple of weeks." Shawn said.

"Well I could always make it happen." Ellen said. That's our cue. Rose, Jake and I walked out and Shawn turned his head to see us. He immediately smiled at us, stood up, and opened his arms for Rose and Jake to run into.

"DADDY!" Rose yelled as she ran to him. He picked her up and spun her around a little, and then he patted Jake on the head before picking him up so he had one kid on each hip. I walked over to him and gave him a sweet and gentle kiss, causing me to have butterflies in my tummy, sparks through my body, and my heart to race as if I had just run a marathon.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought Rose was being a handful?" Shawn asked.

"We wanted to see you. She was being a handful backstage." I said. We all sat down.

"God I love you guys. Rose do you want to sit on Daddy's lap?" Shawn asked Rose.

"Yes please." She said, causing Shawn to smile at his polite daughter. Jake sat on my lap and Rose sat on Shawn's. She's a big daddy's girl.

"So how do you feel now that you've been reunited with your wife and kids?" Ellen asked Shawn.

"Very good. It's good to see them." Shawn said.

"I believe that Y/n said to me that she wanted to tell you something. Is that right Y/n?" Ellen asked me. I nodded and looked at Shawn.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"Are you serious right now?" Shawn asked while tears started to run down his face. I nodded as I started to cry too.

"Yeah. It's a girl." I said. Shawn gave me another kiss.

"Did you hear that Jake and Rose? You're going to have a little sister." Shawn said. I wiped his tears away and he carefully wiped mine away.

"Yay!" Rose said. Jake clapped. The show soon went to commercial and Ellen leaned forward.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. I hear that Ellen is a great name." She said. We laughed and soon it was time for us to leave and go back to the hotel.

"How long are you guys with me for?" Shawn asked.

"A week." I said, knowing that he would want more time, but I had work and he did too. We can't travel the world with him. Shawn nodded.

"I wish it was longer." Shawn said. I told the kids to go play and I held Shawn's face in my hands.

"I know, but we both have work." I said. Shawn nodded and kissed me again, and then kissed my nose, and then my forehead.

"I love you, my dear. I can't believe we're pregnant." Shawn said with a smile.

"I love you too. I know! I'm so happy Shawn." I said.

"I am too. Come on, let's go spend time with the kids." Shawn said.

"Daddy come play with me." Rose requested.

"I'm coming sweet pea." He said. We spent time with the kids and in a week, we left. It was hard to say goodbye but I knew that we would be saying hello again soon.

A/n: I know that in a previous story Y/n announced the pregnancy in a different way, but I thought that it would be cool to do it on Ellen too.