35. Dancing In The Kitchen

Shawn's point of view

I woke up to the sound of soft snoring. I opened my eyes and looked down at my chest. My beautiful wife-to-be, Y/n Y/l/n, was asleep on my chest. I took this time to admire her features. Her beautiful pink, plump lips that I love to kiss looked magical in the morning light. I looked at her eyelids. They covered her gorgeous y/e/c eyes that I love to get lost in. It's like her eyes can tell me stories. They tell me that she loves me, really, truly, loves me. I love finding out more and more about her.

I soon maneuvered myself so I could get out of bed without waking her, and went downstairs. I headed into the kitchen to make us some pancakes. She loves pancakes, with so much syrup that the pancakes are drowning. I was making the pancakes when I heard feet pad down the stairs and into the kitchen. I looked at her in her gorgeous state and smiled.

"Good morning gorgeous." I said. She was wearing just my shirt that was too big for her, but she told me that she loved wearing it anyways, and nothing else besides her bra and underwear. She smiled at me and pecked my lips.

"Good morning handsome. What are you making?" She asked while leaning against the counter.

"Pancakes, your favorite." I said. She smiled and went behind me so she could wrap her arms around me and lean her head on my back. I looked down at her engagement ring and played with it a little.

"I can't wait for the wedding Shawn. I hope that you like the dress." She said. I turned around so I was looking at her.

"Honey, you could wear something with holes all over it and you would still look gorgeous. I know you're going to look so beautiful, my love." I said, causing her to blush, which caused me to chuckle. I kissed her forehead slowly, letting my lips linger on her forehead before pulling away. Letting my lips linger is my way of saying 'I love you' but with kisses, and she knows this. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Kiss me Shawn." She said.

"With pleasure baby." I said. I put my lips on hers and immediately felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach. I'm so in love with Y/n that it's insane. She makes my knees weak. We pulled away, smiling at each other.

"I love you Shawn." Y/n said.

"I love you too Y/n." I said. An idea popped into my head. I finished making the pancakes and while waiting for them to cool down, I put on some music. I decided to put on Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Y/n knew what I was doing, so she laughed and smiled. I stuck my hand out and smiled. "Dance with me." I said. She nodded.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight
Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

The song came to an end and we pulled away from each other, but not before I kissed her forehead again. She smiled at me.

"Shawn?" She asked.

"Yes my love?" I asked.

"I think that the pancakes are going to get cold if we keep dancing." She said with a giggle. I laughed and nodded.

"But I like dancing with you." I whined.

"I know, and I like dancing with you too, but I'm starving. Come on, let's eat." She said, patting my back. I nodded and we sat down to eat.

"You know, I could be doing absolutely nothing with you, and as long as I'm in your presence, I'd be the happiest man alive. I love you so much my dear. I can't wait to marry you." I said. She got teary eyed and walked over to me. I backed my chair up a little and she sat down on my lap, and held my face in her hands.

"I love you so, so, so, much Shawn. I can't wait to marry you either. You make me happier than anything and anyone in this world. I know we already talked about this, but I really hope that you like the dress. I would show you a picture of it but that would be bad luck." She said with giggle. I shook my head.

"I don't want to see a picture, I want it to be a surprise. Come on, let's finish eating and then we can dance some more." I said, and that's exactly what we did. I can't wait to marry this beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, amazing girl that I'm lucky enough to call mine.