183. Wedding Dress Shopping

A/n: Okay so I know that May twenty third is coming up, but let's pretend that this is in the future. I hope that you guys enjoy this imagine. Okay, let's begin!

My fiancé, the singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and I, recently set a date for our wedding. We decided to have it on May twenty third of next year. I heard that once your wedding is a year away, you're supposed to set a budget for your dress and do research. I had seen the show Say Yes To The Dress which takes place at a wedding dress store called Kleinfeld Bridal. It's in Manhattan and I really want to go there to get my dress. But first, I need to talk to Shawn about the budget for the dress.

I had been on my laptop at the dining room table, doing research when I decided to bring up the subject of the budget to Shawn. I stood up and walked into the living room where Shawn was sitting on the couch, watching television. He smiled at me when he saw me walk into the room.

"Hey there darling. Come sit with me." He requested. I smiled as I sat down next to him. I guess that this wasn't good enough for him because he then pulled me over so I was sitting on his lap. I giggled, causing Shawn's smile to widen.

"Hi baby." I said as I ran my fingers through his hair as he began to rub my back.

"What have you been doing?" He asked.

"Looking at wedding stuff. I actually wanted to talk to you about something that has to do with the wedding." I said nervously.

"I can already tell that you're nervous and there's no need to be babe. You can talk to me about anything, you know that. What's up my love?" Shawn asked. While one hand was in his hair, I took my other hand and held his free hand. I sighed.

"Um, for my wedding dress, what exactly is my budget?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment before shrugging.

"You don't have one." He said. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't have a budget. I don't care how much the dress costs, I just want to see you happy. When you go dress shopping, take my credit card and buy it with that." Shawn said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Shawn laughed and nodded.

"I'm positive baby girl. You're going to look beautiful no matter what you wear." Shawn said. I blushed.

"Thank you so much Shawny. I love you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"You're welcome Y/n. I love you too." Shawn said. I put my lips on his and immediately felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. Shawn and I pulled away and smiled at each other. I can't wait to marry Shawn.

Next, I had to decide who to bring with me when I go to buy my dress. Obviously I don't want Shawn there because it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride in the dress before the wedding. I called my mom and she said yes to coming, obviously, and so did my soon to be mother-in-law, Karen Mendes, one of my bridesmaids and soon to be sister-in-law, Aaliyah Mendes, and my best friend and maid of honor, Grace. Soon, we had an appointment set up at Kleinfeld's and I was so excited!

"Hello, how are you guys today?" A woman, Kelly, asked my mom, Karen, Aaliyah, Grace and I when we got to our appointment.

"Good. How are you?" We said and asked.

"I'm good. Are you the bride?" Kelly asked me. I nodded.

"Yes I am." I said.

"Okay. And your name is Y/n, right?" She asked. I nodded.