118. New Years

A/n: Hi guys! So first of all I want to say that I hope that you had a happy new year! Also, I know that this post is about a day late, but just imagine Shawn on New Years omggg I can't handle it. Okay, I hope that you enjoy this imagine! Let's begin!

My boyfriend of four and a half years, singer and songwriter Shawn Mendes, and I are hosting a New Years party at our house. I was very nervous, since it was my first time hosting a party like this, and Shawn and I have a lot of friends coming over. Shawn must have sensed my nerves because he took a break from setting up the balloons to walk over to where I was, in the kitchen setting up the champagne. Shawn took my hands in his and rubbed circles on them. I looked into his comforting caramel eyes and felt slightly better.

"Are you okay honey? Are you nervous?" Shawn asked. I nodded in response to his second question.

"Nervous. This is my first time hosting - well, helping to host - something like this and there's going to be a lot of people here. What if people don't like the party? What if people leave early because it bores them or something? What if the music isn't right? What if -" I asked before Shawn cut me off with a magical kiss on the lips. I felt my heart race at what felt like a hundred miles an hour, I felt sparks shoot through my whole body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away from the kiss, breathless.

"Honey, breathe. Everything is going to be perfect, okay?" Shawn asked. I let out a shaky breath and nodded.

"Okay. I love you Shawny." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger when he pulled away, which is his way of saying that he loves me.

"I love you too my dear. I'm going to wife you up someday, and that's a promise." Shawn said with a smile. My smile grew wider as I hugged him.

"Really? You really want to marry someday?" I asked while looking up at him. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yes I really want to marry you someday honey. I bought a whole damn house with you babe. This is going to be our forever home." Shawn said, brushing a stray hair out of my face with one hand and rubbing my cheek with his other hand. I smiled at him and nuzzled my face into his chest. He kissed the top of my head.

"I know that I've already said this, but I really, really, love you Shawn." I said, looking up at him again.

"I love you too Y/n. Now, Miss Y/l/n, I have a question for you." Shawn said with a smirk.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Would you like to be my New Years kiss?" Shawn asked. I nodded my head violently.

"I would love to be your New Years kiss." I said. Shawn smiled at me before pulling away from our hug.

"Good. Now come on, let's finish getting the house ready." Shawn said. I nodded and went back to what I was doing. Soon, Shawn and I were done setting up the house and quickly afterwards, people started to show up at the house. All of Shawn's bandmates came in, Brian was there, a bunch of Shawn's friends from home attended, Camila, Andrew, Geoff and Teddy, along with others, showed up too. Our house was so packed, that it was hard to find Shawn at certain points. I soon went up to Camila.

"Hey girl! How are you?" Camila asked me as she pulled me in for a hug. When Shawn and I first started to date, I was very jealous of the relationship that they shared, but as time went on, things got better and now Camila and I are good friends.

"Hey! I'm good, how are you?" I said and asked. She smiled.

"I'm good! Can we talk about Shawn for a second?" She asked. I nodded.