92. He's Late To A Party

My boyfriend of two years, Shawn Mendes, and I don't have a place together, but the hotel that he's staying at isn't too far away from where I live. He's staying in a hotel because I live in America and he came all the way from Canada to visit me. It always makes me feel nice when he travels so far just to visit plain old, well, young, me. It makes me feel special.

Tonight is my friend Molly's birthday and she is one of my best friends, so I decided to throw her a party at my place. None of my friends, Molly included, had seen Shawn in a while so of course they were excited when I told them that he had said that he would be at the party. I had seen Shawn the day before the party and he said that he was really excited for it because he thinks and knows that Molly is a great person and friend.

"I'm so excited to see Shawn!" My best friend Grace said. I smiled and nodded. The party had started twenty minutes ago, and he said he would be the first person there, besides me of course.

"I know. He said he was really excited to come. I don't know where he is though..." I said.

"He'll come, don't you worry, okay?" Grace asked. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. Grace walked away and Molly came up to me.

"Thank you so much for this party Y/n! I love it!" She said. I smiled.

"I'm so glad that you like it." I said. She frowned.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said with a smile. She shook her head.

"No, you've seemed off for the whole time I've been here. What's up?" She asked.

"It's just... Shawn said he would be the first person here, and we are now twenty five minutes into the party and he still isn't here." I said kind of quickly.

"He'll show up, don't worry. He probably just got caught up in something." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. She walked away and I pulled my phone out and texted him.

Me: Where are you?

Me: Shawn?

Me: Shawn where are you?

After another ten minutes went by, without Shawn's presence or a response from him, I started to worry. What if something happened to him and that's why he's not responding or showing up? I went up to Grace.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey, can you watch the party? I'm going to head to Shawn's hotel, he's not even responding to texts and I'm starting to get worried." I said. She put her hands on my shoulders.

"Y/n, he's fine. He'll show up. Don't worry." She said. Ugh. I nodded and walked away. After another twenty five terrible minutes, Shawn finally showed up.

"There he is!" Molly yelled.

"Hey! Happy birthday! I got you some beer, because, well, I know you like it." Shawn said with a laugh.

"Thank you!" She said, taking the beer from him. Shawn then saw me and smiled. I wanted to run to him, hug him, and kiss him, but I was mad at him. He had promised me that he would be here on time, and then he shows up an hour late? How could he?

"Hi baby girl." Shawn said, giving me a quick kiss.

"Can we talk in the other room?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, everything okay?" He asked. I didn't respond, I just went into my bedroom with him and shut the door. "Baby we don't have time to do anything." He said with a blush. I shook my head and rolled my eyes.