198. Emotional Visit

A/n: Okay so I know that this imagine isn't going to fit to everyone because not everyone has had this experience, however the idea popped into my head because I've never been to my grandfather's grave since it's very far away (legit almost six hours away) so I wanted to write this. Okay, anyways, let's begin!

I sat in the living room with my fiancé, the singer and songwriter, Shawn Mendes. I am so beyond in love with Shawn, and I can't wait to marry him. I was cuddled up to Shawn's side with my head on his chest as I began to miss my family. My mom is from way, way, upstate New York, like, less than an hour away from Canada, and I haven't seen my aunt and two uncles in many years. Even though Shawn and I have been together for almost four years, he still hasn't met these family members. We've just never had the time. Suddenly I felt Shawn gently squeeze my shoulder. I looked up at him and faked a smile.

"What's up baby boy?" I asked.

"What are you thinking about? You seem quiet." Shawn asked and said. I sighed and then sat up. I took his hands in mine and he gently squeezed. I looked him in the eyes as tears formed.

"I miss my family. My family in New York I mean. You've never even met them and I hate that." I said. Shawn nodded before picking me up and putting me on his lap.

"Honey, I'll meet them someday. I promise." Shawn said. I nodded. "What else is on your mind? I can tell that there's more." Shawn asked and said as the tears came out of my eyes.

"Pappy." I said. Pappy is what I call my grandfather, but he died way before I was born due to cancer. Shawn pulled me closer to him and started to rub my back.

"Oh honey. You know that your grandfather loves you right? And that he's looking down at you and watching you from heaven?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. I just feel so bad because I've never even been to my grandfather's grave." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"Don't feel bad. Your grandfather would understand." Shawn said. I nodded.

"Okay. Thank you." I said. Shawn nodded.

"You know what? Let's go up to New York for like, a week, and I can meet your family and you can go to Pappy's grave." Shawn said. My eyes widened.

"Seriously? You would do that for me?" I asked. Shawn smiled and nodded.

"Honey, I would do absolutely anything for you." Shawn said. Tears continued to fall, however by now they were happy tears. I hugged my fiancé who I love more than anything in this whole entire world.

"Thank you Shawn. I'll call Aunt Margaret right now and see when she's available." I said as I got off Shawn's lap. I grabbed my phone and called my aunt. She said that she was free next week and that her and her husband, my Uncle Lynn, were so excited. She also said that she would tell Uncle George that I would be coming to town, and she said that he would be excited too.

"Honey, I am so happy for you. My granddaughter, Paxton, tells me about you and your fiancé, Shawn, all the time. She sends me screenshots of pictures that you two post and you guys look so in love." Aunt Margaret said. I looked towards Shawn and smiled.

"We're very in love. I love him with everything in me. He's the love of my life, my best friend, Aunt Margaret he's my everything." I said. Shawn looked over at me and gazed at me lovingly.

"Awww, that's so sweet. Will we be able to meet this man of yours?" She asked. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Yes. I can't wait for you guys to meet him. He's amazing." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Well that's wonderful and we can't wait either. We'll see you guys next week!" She said, and we soon hung up. Shawn pulled me back onto his lap.

"So I'm amazing, huh?" He teased as he nudged his nose against my jaw. I giggled and nodded.