57. He Gets Mad At You

"I'm so tired." I texted my best friend Grace.

"Take a nap." She texted.

"But Shawn's coming home in a few hours." I texted.

"So set your alarm." She wrote.

"Alright, fine, I will." I wrote, and with that, I went to bed. It's four o'clock and Shawn should be coming home at six o'clock, so I'll set my alarm for 5:45. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Oh well. I soon woke up to the sound of someone's voice. Shawn's voice.

"Yeah she's asleep. Whatever, I'm just going to go downstairs and try to forget about this. Bye." Shawn said to someone on the phone. Shawn walked out of the bathroom and I got out of bed.

"Hi baby. You came home early." I said, walking up to him to give him a hug. He backed up. I felt hurt.

"Yeah, and you were asleep. I cannot believe that you wouldn't wait up for me." Shawn said. I felt confused.

"What? I thought you were coming home later so I thought it would be okay to take a nap and set my alarm." I said. Shawn just shook his head and walked downstairs. "Baby, what did I do wrong?" I asked.

"Are you serious right now?" Shawn asked, getting angry.

"Yes, I have no idea what I did wrong." I said.

"You fell asleep, knowing full well that I was coming home. You always wait up for me, even if it's midnight." Shawn said.

"Yes, I do, and I was tired so I took a nap and -" I was cut off by Shawn.

"See and that's the problem! You took a nap and missed me coming home." Shawn said.

"Could you please let me finish and hear me out?" I asked.

"Fine. Whatever." Shawn said.

"I was very tired, I haven't been sleeping all that well lately because I'm used to falling asleep in your arms -" I was cut off again.

"What so this is my fault now?" Shawn asked.

"Dammit Shawn, would you let me finish?" I asked while getting frustrated.

"Go ahead." He said.

"I haven't been sleeping well, so I went to take a nap. I thought that you were coming home at six o'clock, so I set my alarm for 5:45, that way, I could get up before you got home. I wasn't trying to miss you getting home. Shawn, I would never do that to you. I love you and I really missed you." I said, starting to cry when I said that last sentence.

"No no no, don't cry baby. I'm sorry, I should've let you explain. I'm sorry." Shawn said.

"Now I feel like a terrible girlfriend." I said. Shawn rushed over to hug me. As he wrapped his arms around me, I was home.

"No princess, you're the best girlfriend ever. I should've let you explain, but instead I was an asshole. I'm sorry honey." Shawn said. I looked up at him.

"It's okay." I said.

"No, it's not. Let me make it up to you. Why don't you finish that nap, and when I wake you up, I'll have a surprise for you, okay? Actually, why don't you text me when you wake up, before you come down? Does that sound good?" Shawn asked. I nodded and kissed his jaw.

"That sounds perfect. I love you." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"I love you too, my sweet, darling, precious angel." Shawn said, causing me to blush. I went upstairs to bed and, once again, fell asleep almost immediately.