117. Puppy

A/n: So I'm a bit late on this because Shawn posted this picture of him and Penelope (and a Corona Extra beer lol) a few days ago, but I thought that this would be cute. Also, I think that I might have already done an imagine like this, but I saw this picture and my heart burst with happiness and love so yeah I wanted to write something like that again. Minor explicit language in this one! Anyways, I really hope that you guys enjoy it! Okay, let's begin!

Shawn was up in Toronto with his friends and family for the holidays, meanwhile, I was at our home in Boston. My family was holding a get together for the holidays and both Shawn and I wanted to be with our families to spend quality time with them. It's not like Shawn and I wanted to be away from each other, in fact, we hated it, but we liked this quality family time.

I got a notification on my phone. Shawn had posted a picture on Instagram of him holding a dog up against him in one hand and a Corona Extra beer in his other hand. He must have been hanging out with his friends. According to Shawn's caption, the dog's name was Penelope. I instantly texted Shawn when I saw the photo.

Me: YOU'RE WITH A DOG???

Shawn: Yes lol.

Me: I WANT TO PET THE PUPPER.

Shawn: Lol honey. Love you.

Me: Love you toooo.

When I was ten, my family and I got a dog named Bella. But then, when I was seventeen, we couldn't afford her and the vet bills anymore, and we had to give her up for adoption. It killed me to do that. She had been my best friend. But I knew that what we were doing was the thing that was best for her.

After seeing the picture of Shawn with the dog and texting him about it, I got to thinking about it. There are hypoallergenic dogs out there. If Shawn and I got a hypoallergenic dog, Shawn wouldn't have a reaction to the dog because it wouldn't shed. Ever since we put Bella up for adoption, I've wanted a dog. When Shawn's gone, I get so lonely. Maybe I wouldn't be so lonely if there was a dog with me.

I went on Pinterest and did research on dogs that are hypoallergenic, wanting to have all of my facts straight for when I bring this topic up with Shawn. The day after Christmas, Shawn flew home. It was morning when Shawn walked through the door and I immediately ran to him and jumped into his arms. My legs wrapped around his waist, my arms went around his shoulders and neck, and his hands were under my bum, holding me nice and securely.

"Hey there darling. Did you miss me?" Shawn asked me as my head rested on his shoulder. I nodded against his shoulder.

"Hi honey. I did miss you. Did you miss me?" I asked as I pulled my head away so I could look at his gorgeously handsome face. He nodded at me with a smile on his face.

"I did, very much so. I love you my dear." Shawn said. My smile widened.

"I love you too." I said. Shawn said as he set me down on the floor.

"You know, I never got a welcome home kiss." Shawn pointed out while a smirk adorned his handsome face. I giggled and bit my lower lip.

"Well maybe we should fix that." I said. Shawn didn't hesitate at all. He immediately put his lips on mine. As soon as our lips made contact with each other, I felt my heart race like crazy, I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, and I felt sparks shootout throughout my body like fireworks. God does this boy give me insane feelings. We pulled away from our passionate and amazing kiss, breathless. Shawn put his fingers to his lips and I did the same thing.

"Wow." Shawn said. I giggled and nodded.

"Yeah. I've missed your kisses Shawny. You give me such insane feelings." I said. Shawn kissed me again and we smiled as we pulled away from each other. Shawn rested his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes.