109. Wrong Time pt. 2

A/n: Explicit language in this one! Okay, let's begin.

Last year I started dating Noah Centineo, an actor. We had been so happy for a full year. Noah had gotten me a promise ring, we said I love you to each other, and we even talked about marriage and kids. One day, he called me and asked me to come over. Without giving me any reason, he broke up with me. I went home, distraught, heartbroken, and wanting to swear off men for the rest of my life. I had been so in love with Noah that I even thought that he was the one, which is why we had talked about marriage. For three months I wallowed in sadness and heartbreak. One day, my best friend Grace came over.

"Listen to me," She said. "You have to get your shit together. It's been three months. I understand that you felt as if he was the one, you know that I've felt like that before. But, you need to get it together. You can't swear off men for the rest of your life. You're still young. Call up Shawn."

"No, no, no, he'll just laugh and say that he wouldn't have fucked me over like Noah did. Noah seemed so understanding." I said.

"If he laughs, then he's not the right guy for you, and you'll find someone else. If you don't call him, I'll take your phone and do it myself." She said. I sighed.

"Fine, I'll call him tomorrow." I lied.

"No you won't. Do it now, so you can prove to me that you actually did it." She said.

"What would I even say to him?" I asked. She thought for a moment.

"Tell him that you want to talk to him about something and ask him to come over." She said. I nodded and pulled out my phone. I still had Shawn in my contacts, just in case this happened, but I never thought it would. The phone rang for a little bit before he picked up.

"Y/n?" He asked.

"Hi Shawn." I said.

"Hey. How are you?" He asked.

"Not the greatest. Listen, do you want to come over and we can talk?" I said and asked.

"Would Noah be upset about that?" Shawn asked hesitantly.

"I would rather explain the Noah situation to you in person." I said. He paused.

"Okay. I'll be over in a bit." He said. I nodded.

"Okay." I said. I hung up the phone and looked at Grace.

"Well?" She asked.

"He'll be over in a little bit." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Okay. Well, that's my cue to leave. See you later, let me know how it goes." She said. I nodded.

"Okay, I will." I said as I gave her a hug and she left. I sat on the couch, impatiently waiting for Shawn to arrive. I wanted to know how he would react to the whole Noah situation. Would he laugh in my face? Would he say I told you so? Soon there was a knock at my door. I practically ran to it, and when I opened it, it was Shawn.

"Hey Y/n. Mind if I come in?" He asked. I opened the door wider and gestured for him to come in.

"Sure. Let's sit down. Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I asked. He nodded.

"Water would be fine please." He said. I nodded and grabbed him a bottle of water. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I said.

"So, is Noah going to get mad about the fact that I'm here?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"He broke up with me three months ago." I said. Shawn's eyes widened.

"But weren't you guys together for, like, a year?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. We were." I said.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Shawn asked.

"Well, I had really thought that he was the one, you know? We even talked about marriage and kids. He gave me a promise ring that I still have but I don't wear it. Then, one day, he asked me to come over. He broke up with me and wouldn't give me a reason. Grace said that I should call you." I said while playing with my fingers and looking down. Shawn put his finger underneath my chin and lightly lifted my head up.

"I'm glad that she said that. I've missed you if I'm being completely honest." He said. My eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yes. Can I ask you a question though?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Of course." I said.

"Do you still love him?" Shawn asked. Oh shit. I thought for a moment before answering.

"He was my first true love, and I don't think that will ever fully go away. Now, can I ask you a question?" I said and asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah, of course." Shawn said.

"Have you seen anyone romantically since we last saw each other a year ago?" I asked. He thought for a second.

"There was one girl, but we didn't date. It was more like a one night stand type of thing but the one night stand with her happened on more than one occasion. I guess that I was trying to get over you." Shawn said with a frown. I nodded.

"Did you accomplish that? Did you get over me?" I asked nervously. He looked me in the eyes and shook his head.

"No. When I saw you for the first time, you took my breath away, and even though you're in sweatpants and a hoodie with your hair up in a messy bun and no makeup, you still take my breath away. You're such a nice and kind person." Shawn said. I blushed and smiled.

"Thank you. You know, I've missed our conversations and hanging out with you." I said. Shawn nodded.

"You're welcome. Me too. Would you, um, would you like to get to know each other again?" Shawn said and asked nervously. I smiled and nodded.

"I would love to. But this time, you really need to be patient with me. I'm still reeling from the break up with Noah even though it's been three months." I said. He nodded.

"I understand. I'm sorry about last year." He said.

"It's okay." I said. He smiled at me and nodded.

For the next three months, Shawn and I took it slow as we went on dates, and when we finally did start to date, I realized that the feelings that Noah gave me were nothing compared to the feelings that Shawn gives me. After six months of being together, Shawn gave me a promise ring, and after four years, him and I were married. Timing in life is everything.