179. Valentines Day

Start from the beginning

"Well, I guess that I just don't see myself that way." I said with a shrug. Shawn put his hand to my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb. He then leaned forward and kissed me. I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, I felt my heart race a mile a minute, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Suddenly, there was a knock on the car window, and there was a cop at the window. Shawn and I pulled away and blushed as Shawn rolled down the window.

"Are you two okay?" The cop asked. We nodded.

"Yup. My girlfriend was just feeling a bit insecure so I pulled over to comfort her and give her a kiss." Shawn said. This is so embarrassing. The cop nodded.

"Okay. Just don't let it go further than a kiss since you two are in a public place. Also, this isn't the best place to pull over. Just be careful next time Shawn Mendes." The cop said, causing Shawn and I to laugh. Shawn nodded.

"We won't let it go any farther and we'll be careful next time." Shawn said. The cop nodded.

"Okay. You two are all set to go." The cop said, and got back in his car. Shawn and I turned to each other, our faces were extremely red from embarrassment, but then we started laughing. Shawn then put the car in drive and we got back on the road.

"That was so embarrassing yet so funny." I said. Shawn laughed and nodded.

"I can't believe that that just happened." Shawn said. I nodded. We soon arrived at the museum and I got really excited.

"Come on, let's go!" I said excitedly, causing Shawn to laugh. I reached my hand out for his and we immediately interlaced our fingers together. I loved the feeling of our hands being intertwined together. Our fingers fit together perfectly.

"What are you smiling about baby girl?" Shawn asked. I hadn't even realized that I had a huge smile on my face, probably making me look like a fool. I blushed.

"Well, have you ever noticed that our fingers and bodies fit together perfectly?" I asked. Shawn smiled and then wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

"Yeah. You and I are like two puzzle pieces that go together perfectly. We were made for each other babe. I'm going to wife you up some day." Shawn said. I smiled, and before I could respond we went to the front of the line to buy our admission tickets. Shawn and I then went inside the museum and saw the beautiful courtyard that people aren't allowed to go in.

"So you want to wife me up some day?" I asked teasingly. Shawn chuckled and nodded as he wrapped his arm around me again and pulled me nice and close to him.

"Come here, I want you close to me. Honey, I love you so much, to the point where I moved to America for you and bought a whole damn house with you. Not an apartment, not a condo, but a house, a forever home where we can raise a family. I would love to propose to you right now but I'm about to go on tour and I don't want to leave you all alone to plan a wedding by yourself. I want to be involved in the planning process. You're the most amazing person that I've ever met and I want to make you mine forever someday." Shawn said. I beamed a smile at Shawn, and he smiled back. We stopped walking so we could hug and he held me nice and tight.

"Come on, let's explore the museum, my future hubby." I said. Shawn chuckled and nodded. We soon got in the car and went home.

"Did you have a nice time baby girl?" Shawn asked. I nodded.

"Yeah. Did you?" I asked. Shawn nodded and we soon pulled into our driveway.

"Okay, time to go inside for presents." Shawn said with a smirk. I giggled. When we went inside, my eyes widened. There were dozens upon dozens of roses in our living room.

"Wait, how did you - what?" I asked in shock. Shawn chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me from behind.

"I had your brother bring them in while we were out, but I paid for them of course. Do you like it?" Shawn asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I love it. Thank you so much baby." I said.

"You're welcome. Happy Valentines day my love." Shawn said. I turned around in his arms.

"Happy Valentines day. Now, time for your present." I said.

"Wait, did you really think that this was the only thing that I did?" Shawn asked. My eyes widened again.

"There's more?" I asked. Shawn chuckled and nodded. He then went upstairs and came back down. I sat down on the couch in the family room where there was actually space to sit down.

"Here you go." Shawn said as he handed me a box. I opened it up and my jaw dropped. It was what the constellation looked like on the day that him and I met at that exact place that we met - a Dunkin Donuts shop in Boston. Tears filled my eyes as I looked at my amazing boyfriend.

"I love you. You're too good to me Shawn Mendes." I said. Shawn kissed my forehead.

"I love you too, and you're the one that's too good to me Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said. I smiled and then handed him a little box.

"Sorry that it's so much smaller than what you got me." I said. Shawn shook his head.

"It's okay honey." Shawn said. He opened up the box and smiled. I had gotten him a keychain that was in the shape of a guitar pick. It said "Thank you for picking me!" and had my name and the date that we met on it.

"Do you like it?" I asked nervously. Shawn nodded.

"I love it. It's perfect." Shawn said. I fake smiled and nodded.

"Excuse me for a second." I said and then went out to our balcony. I leaned against the railing and let some tears fall down my cheeks. I heard the door open behind me but I didn't look to see who it was since I knew. I then felt Shawn turn me around.

"What's going on babe?" Shawn asked. I wiped my tears away.

"You got me something so big and meaningful and beautiful, and I got you a stupid little key chain. I'm sorry." I said. Shawn's jaw dropped but he then pulled me in for a tight hug.

"My love, your gift is perfect and not at all stupid. I love it. It doesn't matter whose gift was bigger or anything. It's the thought that counts, and I freaking love your gift. It's in the shape of a guitar pick, so it's perfect! Don't get upset honey, okay?" Shawn said and asked. I nodded as my tears stopped.

"Okay. Do you want to lay down in bed and cuddle?" I asked. Shawn nodded and that's exactly what we did. I had a wonderful Valentine's day with my future husband, Shawn Mendes, who I love so much.

Your gift to Shawn

Shawn's gift to you

Shawn's gift to you