169. You Meet His Whole Family

Start from the beginning

"We match babe!" Shawn said. I laughed and nodded.

"We do. When do we leave?" I said and asked. Shawn walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist as I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders.

"We'll leave in, like, five minutes. Right now I just want some more time with my girl." Shawn said with a smile. I blushed at him calling me his girl, which caused him to laugh. He started to sway us from side to side. I puckered up my lips and he laughed before kissing me and then resting his forehead against mine. We stayed like that for a minute or so before I spoke up.

"Okay, let's get going before these nerves eat me whole." I said. Shawn frowned and for a moment I was worried that I had done something wrong.

"Honey, don't be nervous. My family is going to love you, I promise." Shawn said before taking my hand and leading me out to his jeep. Wait, so does he love me? We've never said it to each other before. I sure hope that he loves me because I'm pretty sure that I'm in love with him. I've had boyfriends in the past, but none of them have given me the types of feelings that Shawn does. If he were to say I love you to me, I would definitely say it back. We got in the car and he kept one hand on the wheel and held my hand with the other. We soon pulled up to his parents house.

"Shawn I know you said not to be nervous, but I am. What if they don't approve of me or something?" I asked. Shawn squeezed my hand, and when I looked into his comforting caramel eyes, I felt slightly calmer.

"They're going to adore you Y/n. I won't leave your side, okay?" Shawn asked. I nodded as I took a deep breath.

"Okay." I said. Shawn smiled and gave me a kiss before we got out of the car. We were immediately greeted by Shawn's mother, Karen.

"Hello you two! Y/n, how are you darling?" Karen asked as she pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm good. Nervous, but good. How are you?" I said and asked.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'm good. Everyone is in the backyard, so why don't you two head back there?" Karen asked as she hugged Shawn. We nodded and did as told. As soon as I walked into the backyard, I saw tons of people. I squeezed Shawn's hand. He squeezed back, reassuring me that I was okay.

"Hey Y/n, hey Shawn. How are you guys?" Manny, Shawn's dad asked.

"Good, how are you?" Shawn asked.

"Good. Aaliyah is looking for you Y/n." Manny said with a smile. I nodded and looked around the backyard.

"Oh she's over there." I said, nodding my head in her direction. She was with some other people.

"Come on, let's go over there." Shawn said. He held my hand and guided me towards Aaliyah. As soon as Aaliyah spotted us, she jumped up and came over to us.

"Shawn! Y/n! I don't know who to hug first!" She said, but then she hugged her brother. I hugged her next.

"Come here babe, I want you to meet some of my cousins. Babe this is my cousin Camilla, and this is my cousin Timera. Guys, this is my amazing girlfriend of almost six months, Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said. They smiled at me and hugged me.

"Hi! It's so nice to finally meet you!" Camilla said. I smiled.

"Yes, Shawn loves to talk about you." Timera said. I looked at Shawn, who was blushing, and laughed.

"It's nice to meet you guys too." I said. Soon, Shawn brought me around to meet some of his other family members. He even brought me over to his grandfather, who shook my hand.

"Granddad, this is my amazing girlfriend of almost six months, Y/n Y/l/n. Y/n, this is my grandfather." Shawn said.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you." I said.

"It's nice to meet you too. Wow Shawn, your girlfriend is gorgeous." Shawn's grandfather said. I blushed. Shawn smiled at me as he spoke to his grandfather.

"Isn't she? Don't you just love her?" Shawn asked. I kept smiling at him but I also kept wondering if this meant that he was going to say I love you soon. Shawn and I eventually sat down after I got to meet everyone, and we ate.

"That was really good." I said once I finished eating. Shawn kissed my cheek. He sat on one side of me and Aaliyah sat on the other side of me. Shawn had finished eating before I had.

"Come here babe, I want to show you something." Shawn said. I nodded and we excused ourselves from the picnic table. Shawn then told his mom that he would be right back and she said okay. We got in the car and started to head somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"To a little place not too far away where we can be alone. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love being with my family, but spending alone time with you is a must." Shawn said. I nodded and we soon arrived at a place with a small lake. Shawn and I sat down.

"Oh Shawn, it's beautiful." I said with a smile.

"Not as beautiful as you." Shawn said. I smiled at him and blushed. He was already smiling at me.

"I want cuddles." I said as I scooted closer to my boyfriend. He put his arm around me and held me close to him.

"My family loves you." Shawn said. I smiled.

"I love them. They're all so nice." I said. Shawn nodded and he suddenly seemed nervous. I kissed his jaw and he looked down at me.

"Y/n?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"I have to tell you something and I'm worried about how you're going to react." Shawn said. Suddenly I was nervous too.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I love you." He said.

"What?" I asked. Even though I had kind of been expecting this, I just wanted to make sure that I had heard him correctly.

"I love you Y/n Y/l/n." Shawn said. I smiled at him.

"I love you too Shawn Mendes." I said. His nerves seemed to evaporate and he smiled at me.

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Of course. I'm head over heels for you Shawn." I said. Shawn's smile widened and he put his lips on mine. We kept kissing until we couldn't possibly kiss anymore. Then we took a break so we could catch our breath, and then we kissed again. When we pulled away, Shawn rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He said. I smiled.

"I love you too." I said. We soon left and went back to his parent's house. For the rest of the day, we kept saying those magical three words to each other and he kept touching me in some way. He seemed to like it when my back was against his chest and he had his arms wrapped around me. Overall, we had a great day, and I love my boyfriend immensely.