165. Rose Is Sick

Start from the beginning

"I'll just let Rose rest for now. She needs it." Y/n said. I nodded as I sat down. We had a nice breakfast but soon it was time for my wife to leave. She seemed worried.

"Mrs. Mendes, don't worry, I have this under control. She's fine and I'll call you if anything happens, okay?" I said and asked. Y/n sighed and nodded before giving me a kiss. I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my stomach, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks. Y/n and I pulled away, gasping for air after our rather passionate kiss.

"Thank you for this Shawn. I love you." Y/n said. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"You're welcome. I love you too." I said. Y/n smiled at me, gave me a hug, and then left for work. I went upstairs and into my office which is right next to Rose's room. I sat down and started writing some lyrics that had popped into my head, but soon heard Rose begin to cry. I ran into her room.

"Daddy. Puke." She said. My eyes widened as I picked her up and got her a trash can to puke in. Once she was done relieving her stomach contents, which wasn't much, she started to cry.

"No, don't cry my sweet pea. You're okay. Do you feel any better after throwing up?" I asked. She thought for a moment before shaking her head.

"No. I don't feel good Daddy." She said.

"What doesn't feel good sweetie?" I asked.

"My tummy, my nose, my throat, and my head." She said, pointing to each place as she said it. I nodded.

"Okay. Well, how about you rest for a bit longer, okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Okay." She said. I picked her up and gently laid her down in her bed. She immediately closed her eyes and she fell asleep pretty quickly.

I went back into my office, but instead of working on lyrics, I looked at the tons of pictures that took up most of the space on my desk. When I looked at the pictures I saw the first photo that Y/n and I ever took. Next to it was a photo from our wedding, and next to that, was a photo that my photographer, Josiah Van Dien, had recently taken of Y/n, Rose and I. Obviously there were more photos on my desk but too many to list. I think my favorite one is the photo of Y/n and I holding Rose almost immediately after she was born. After I spent some time in my office, I heard Rose crying for me again.

"It's okay, Daddy's right here." I said.

"Puke." She said. I got her a trash can and she puked in it again. I felt her forehead and it felt as though she had gotten warmer.

"Hold on one second sweetie." I said.

"Wait! Daddy I peed in my bed." She said. I looked and sure enough, she had.

"Okay, let's get you cleaned up." I said. Right after I got her out of the bathtub, she had to pee again. Suddenly she just kept having to pee. I called my mother-in-law who lives relatively close by.

"Hi Shawn, how are you?" Y/m/n asked as Rose laid in her bed.

"Could you come over please? Rose is sick and I don't know what to do and I don't want to worry Y/n. I'm thinking of taking Rose to the doctors." I said.

"I'm on my way." Y/m/n said. Soon, she was at the house. "So what's going on?" She asked. I sat down on the couch and told her everything that had been going on with Rose.

"But I don't want to call Y/n and worry her." I said. Y/m/n nodded.

"Well, it sounds like she has a UTI." Y/m/n said.

"A what?" I asked.

"A UTI. It's a Urinary Tract Infection. I think that you should take her to the doctors." Y/m/n said. I nodded and made an appointment to get Rose into the doctors later that day. My mother-in-law soon left. The next time Rose cried for me, it wasn't because she wasn't feeling good physically, it was because she was nervous.

"What are the doctors going to do to me Daddy?" Rose asked.

"Oh honey, they're going to make you feel better." I said as I sat her on my lap as I sat down in the chair in her room. She nodded her head against my chest.

"Okay. Can I go sleep now?" Rose asked. I kissed the top of her head.

"Of course." I said and laid her back down in her bed. I then walked out of the room and called my wife.

"Hey baby, how's Rose?" She asked.

"I made a doctors appointment for later today. Your mom thinks that she has a UTI." I said. Y/n sighed.

"Okay. What time is the appointment at?" Y/n asked.

"Three o'clock." I said.

"Okay, I'll get home as soon as I can so I can make the appointment." Y/n said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Okay. Well, I'll let you get back to work. I love you honey." I said.

"I love you too." Y/n said, and we said goodbye and hung up. Soon, Y/n came home and we took Rose to the doctors appointment.

"Rosie, I need you to pee in this cup for me, okay?" I asked. Rose nodded and I left the bathroom as Y/n held the cup and Rose peed. We then gave the cup of pee to the doctor, who then tested it. Rose, Y/n and I sat in a room, waiting for the doctor to come in. Soon, he came in.

"Hi there, how are we today?" The doctor, Dr. Hartman asked.

"Not so good." I said before explaining all of her symptoms to him. He nodded.

"Well, we tested her urine and it looks like she has a urinary tract infection, also called a UTI. She needs to take amoxicillin, which tastes like bubblegum, and that will make her feel better." Dr. Hartman said.

"Is that a liquid medicine or a pill?" I asked.

"It's a liquid medicine." Dr. Hartman said. Soon, he gave us a prescription, which we later picked up, and we went home. After being on the medicine for a little bit, Rose was all better and back to her normal self, causing my wife and I to be very happy.