155. Rose's Second Birthday and Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." He said. I shook my head.

"No you're not. What's going on with my husband?" I asked. Shawn sighed and stopped making the pancakes for a moment as he turned and walked over so he was standing in between my legs. I put my hands on his shoulders and he put his hands on my waist.

"When we were pregnant with Rose, I announced that I would be going on a musical hiatus until she was five. Do you think that I'm doing the right thing by waiting until she's five to get back in the studio and then go on tour?" Shawn asked. I ran my fingers through his hair, hoping to calm him down. He hummed, liking the feeling of what I was doing.

"Baby, I think that you made the perfect decision. You chose to do what you felt was best, and I agree with you being on a hiatus. Honey, Rose and I love having you here, at home, with us. I definitely think that you did the right thing. Don't overthink it baby." I said. Shawn nodded before going back to the pancakes.

"Okay. Thank you." Shawn said. I gave him a look of confusion.

"What are you thanking me for?" I asked.

"You always know the right thing to say to make me feel better. Thank you for that." Shawn said. I smiled.

"You're welcome my love." I said. Just as Shawn was about to finish up the pancakes, we heard Rose begin to cry.

"There goes the birthday girl." Shawn said.

"I'll go get her, you finish up our delicious breakfast." I said. Shawn smiled at me and kissed my cheek before picking me up off the counter to set me on the floor.

"There you go." Shawn said. I smiled and ran upstairs and into Rose's room. She immediately started to calm down when she saw me and made grabby hands at me.

"Mumma." She said. I smiled at her as I picked her up.

"Hi sweetie. Happy birthday!" I said. She hugged me.

"Thank you Mumma. Where's Daddy?" She asked.

"He's downstairs in the kitchen making us some of his delicious pancakes." I said. Her eyes widened and she smiled as she clapped her hands together.

"Pancakes! I want pancakes!" She yelled. I laughed.

"Don't worry, you'll get your pancakes." I said as I carried her out of her room and down the stairs. Once we turned the corner and she could see Shawn, she immediately began kicking her legs, so I set her down.

"DADDY!" She yelled. Shawn turned to her, smiled, and opened up his arms so she could go running into them, which, of course, she did.

"Hi sweet pea, happy birthday." Shawn said as he picked her up and set her on the counter. She smiled at him.

"Thank you Daddy. Daddy?" She asked. He looked at her, in awe of his beautiful and precious daughter, and nodded.

"Yes my Rosie girl?" Shawn asked.

"Can I have my pancakes with a smiley face on them please?" She asked.

"I'm sorry honey, but I already cut the pancakes up into small bites for you. But, I did put the syrup on in the shape of a smiley face. Is that okay?" Shawn said and asked. Rose nodded.

"Yeah." She said. Shawn and I smiled.

"Good. Now come on, breakfast is ready." Shawn said as he picked Rose up and set her on the floor.

"Rose, do you want to sit next to your Daddy?" I asked. Rose began to jump up and down, causing Shawn and I to laugh.

"Yeah!" She said. Shawn picked her up and set her down at a chair at the kitchen table and then went to grab our food. I sat across from Shawn as he sat down next to his daughter.