154. Father's Day

Start from the beginning

"So why do you need Josiah for Father's Day?" Shawn asked.

"Okay then, right to the point. Well, it's a gift for you, so you can't know." I said.

"Oh come on, please tell me." Shawn pleaded. I giggled.

"No Shawn! Stop asking and get back to work." I said. Shawn groaned.

"Ugh. Fine. I love you." Shawn said.

"I love you too." I said with a smile. We said goodbye and hung up. Later that day, I found a place that does custom trophies and had one made that said "BEST DADDY AWARD: SHAWN MENDES". I really hope that he's going to like it. I also sat down with Rose and we made a card for Shawn. I know that Father's Day isn't for another month, but I just want to get these things taken care of. I'm right handed, and I pretended that the handwriting is Rose's card to Shawn was from her by using my left hand to make it look like a little kid wrote it. I also made my own card for him. I also printed out one of the photos that Josiah had sent me, and framed it. In the picture, Shawn was holding Rose up in the air and smiling at her as she smiled too.

A month later I awoke to a sleeping Shawn. It was finally his first Father's Day. I went down the hall to see Rose awake and playing with her feet. I smiled as I picked her up and carried her downstairs so she could keep me company while I made Shawn breakfast. Once the pancakes with bacon and eggs was all done, I put them - and some of Rose's baby food, for her of course - on a tray and carefully carried her and the tray upstairs and into mine and Shawn's bedroom, where he was still sleeping. I put the tray down at the end of the bed and put Rose on Shawn's stomach.

"Wake up Daddy, Rose." I said. She crawled up his chest, and he quickly opened his eyes. First, he saw me, and smiled. He then looked down at his chest to see his now eleven months old daughter and his smile widened.

"Good morning my sweets. Rosie, did you wake me up?" Shawn asked. I smiled.

"I told her to. Happy Father's Day my love." I said as I bent down to give Shawn a kiss, not caring about morning breath. Shawn kissed back and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks. We pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Thank you honey. Come on Rose, let's sit up." Shawn said as he held his daughter while he sat up so he could put his back against the headboard of the bed.

"Rose and I made you breakfast - well, she watched as I made breakfast, but still." I said. Shawn chuckled and I handed him the tray of food.

"Thank you. Um, why is Rose's food on here?" Shawn asked. I sat down on the bed next to him.

"Well, I know that you like to feed her, so I put it there so you could feed her if you want. Or I could feed her." I said. Shawn shook his head as he smiled at his daughter who is oh so precious to him.

"No, I want to feed her." Shawn said. He then took the spoon and got Rose to eat her food. After he fed her, he ate his own breakfast, making sure that Rose stayed on his lap the whole time. Soon, he was done eating.

"Okay, so, do you want your cards first or presents first?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"Cards please." He said. I grabbed the cards and handed them to him. He gave me a puzzled look. "Two cards?"

"Well I wanted to make a card for you too. You're such an amazing father Shawn and you deserve a million cards." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled before kissing my cheek. When he opened Rose's card, his eyes widened.

"But she doesn't know how to write..." Shawn said. I laughed.

"Yeah, I wrote in it for her using the hand that I usually don't use to write. But she did make a little squiggly line down there. Read it out loud." I pointed out. Shawn smiled.