"It's a deal. Want to shake on it?" Shawn asked. I shook my head. He gave me a puzzled look.

"Let's kiss on it." I said, still smirking. Shawn chuckled before putting his lips on mine. I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, I felt sparks shoot through my body like fireworks, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. Shawn and I pulled away from the kiss and smiled at each other. Shawn and I then talked and picked out a name for our little baby girl.

Soon, it was time for Shawn to leave for Los Angeles so he could be on The Tonight Show.

"I don't want to leave you guys." Shawn said with a sad look on his face. Shawn's manager, Andrew, waited outside, in the car, as Shawn and I said goodbye.

"I know honey, but this is for work. You have to do it baby." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Okay. I love you Mrs. Mendes." Shawn said with a smile. I smiled back.

"I love you too Mr. Mendes. Bye honey." I said. Shawn gave me a hug and a kiss before saying goodbye and leaving. The next night, I stayed up to watch Shawn on Jimmy's show. I smiled when I saw him.

"Shawn, how are you man?" Jimmy asked. Shawn smiled.

"I'm good, how are you?" Shawn asked.

"I'm good. Congratulations to you and your wife Y/n on the announcement that you guys made recently. Let's talk about that." Jimmy said. Shawn's smile grew.

"Yeah, so a little over three months ago my wife and I found out that we're going to be expecting a baby in six months." Shawn said, causing the crowd to go wild.

"Yeah, so how did your wife tell you that you guys are expecting?" Jimmy asked.

"Well, I had gone over to my friend Brian's house, and then when I went to leave, I texted Y/n and told her that I was on my way home. So I walk in the door and she's standing there with something behind her back. I asked her what it was and she goes 'Well, first of all, I love you.' and I said 'I love you too.' and she asked for a kiss, so I gave her a kiss and then I said 'So what's behind your back?' and she handed me these four stick things. I had a pretty good feeling that I knew what they were but I still asked her and she said 'They're pregnancy tests... let me rephrase that, they're positive pregnancy tests.' and I put the tests down and picked her up and spun her around a little." Shawn said with a big smile.

"Did you cry?" Jimmy asked. Shawn nodded.

"I did cry, yes." Shawn said.

"So do you guys know what gender you're having?" Jimmy asked. Here we go. Shawn chuckled.

"Well, Y/n and I have a bet going because she doesn't think that I can keep the gender a secret. If I can keep the gender a secret for the whole time that she's pregnant, she has to pay me a hundred dollars, but if I let the gender slip, I have to pay her a hundred dollars." Shawn said, causing Jimmy to laugh. I smiled.

"Oh gosh. Do you think that you can keep it a secret?" Jimmy asked.

"I hope so." Shawn said with a small laugh.

"Well, we'll see how this goes. So, what part of fatherhood are you looking forward to the most?" Jimmy asked. Shawn thought for a moment.

"I don't know, I'm just really looking forward to holding her in my arms and - oh crap I just said the gender." Shawn said. Jimmy cracked up laughing and so did I. I pulled out my phone to text Shawn - he obviously wouldn't see it during the interview, but oh well.

Me: Pay up!!!!

"So I take it you're having a girl?" Jimmy asked. Shawn nodded.

"Yes. Oh crap. So, this is my first time being away from Y/n since we found out that we're pregnant, so of course I'm worried. I usually have my phone in my dressing room when I'm out here but just in case of an emergency, I have it in my pocket and I just felt it buzz. I bet it's my wife." Shawn said. Jimmy laughed and my eyes widened.

"You can check it." Jimmy said. Shawn reached into his pocket, pulled his phone out, read the text, and laughed.

"Y/n must be watching this right now because she texted me telling me to pay up with, like, four exclamation points." Shawn said. Jimmy laughed and waved at the camera.

"Hi Y/n!" Jimmy said. I texted Shawn again.

Me: Hi Jimmy! Shawn go focus on the interview!

"Oh she's typing." Shawn said, his phone still in his hands. He then laughed when he read the text and put his phone in his pocket.

"What did she say?" Jimmy asked.

"She said hi to you and told me to focus on the interview." Shawn said. Jimmy laughed again. Soon the interview was over and after a few minutes, my phone rang. It was Shawn, so I picked up.

"Hey Mr. Mendes." I said.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes. I am so sorry that I let it out that we're having a girl." Shawn said.

"It's okay baby. It was actually kind of funny." I said with a giggle. I heard Shawn chuckle. Suddenly, he turned serious.

"I miss you. I want to hold you right now." Shawn said.

"I know baby boy, but you'll be home by tomorrow, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

"Once you're home, I promise you that you can hold me as much as you want and for as long as you want." I said.

"I'm going to hold you to that baby. I love you honey." Shawn said. I smiled.

"Okay. I love you too." I said.

"Good night." Shawn said.

"Good night." I said, and we hung up. I went to bed and the next day, Shawn was home - and he paid me a hundred dollars. Six months later, Rose Lucille Mendes was born. I'm one happy girl.