140. Aaliyah Doesn't Like You

Start from the beginning

"It's okay. She's right, I was talking too much." I said while looking at my food. Shawn took his hand and made me turn my head so I was looking at him. Just by looking into his caramel colored eyes, I felt slightly better.

"You were fine honey. Keep going." Shawn encouraged. I sighed before continuing. Soon, dinner was over.

"Oh, let me help you clean up Karen." I said. She waved her hand off.

"It's fine. But I do want to talk to you for a moment." Karen said. Oh gosh. I followed her into the kitchen.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Well I just wanted to apologize for Aaliyah. I'm going to make her come down here and apologize to you herself. I don't know what got into her." Karen said, sounding flustered.

"It's okay, you don't have to." I said.

"No, I do. She usually doesn't behave like that. Let's pick a movie and we can all sit down and watch it. What's your favorite movie Y/n?" Karen asked while giving me a warm smile. I thought for a moment.

"I love the movie Sully with Tom Hanks." I said with a smile.

"Sully it is then." Karen said. I smiled and we went back into the living room. "Let's put on Sully. I'm going to call Aaliyah down."

"Okay." Shawn said as I sat down next to him. "What was that about?"

"She wanted to apologize because of Aaliyah." I said. Shawn nodded.

"Yeah I'm sorry too. I've never seen her act like that." Shawn said. I kissed his cheek and he smiled. Aaliyah soon came downstairs and into the living room. She saw me and rolled her eyes. What did I do wrong?

"Aaliyah don't you have something that you want to say to Y/n?" Manny asked. Aaliyah looked at the tv and shook her head.

"No." Aaliyah said.

"Liyah, you treated her poorly earlier. Please apologize to my girlfriend." Shawn pleaded. Aaliyah sighed and turned to me.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled, and I could tell that she didn't mean it.

"Can you say it like you mean it please?" Karen asked.

"But I don't." Aaliyah said. I turned to Shawn.

"Would you mind driving me back to my place, please? I'm not feeling all that great, I think I ate too much." I asked and said.

"Are you sure?" Shawn asked, a look of concern etched across his face.

"Shawn, if she wants to leave, let her leave." Aaliyah said.

"It's not so much that I want to leave, it's just that I don't feel good." I said. Aaliyah scoffed. I stood up and said goodbye to Karen and Manny. When I went to say goodbye to Aaliyah, she just started at her phone. I soon got in the car and Shawn started to drive me back to my place.

"I'm so sorry about her." Shawn said.

"It's okay." I said, looking out the window.

"No, it's not." Shawn said. I nodded and closed my eyes. Shawn soon arrived at my place and walked me to the door. "Can I have a kiss?"

"Of course you can have a kiss." I said with a smile. Shawn put his lips on mine and I felt sparks shoot through me like fireworks, I felt my heart race as if I had just run a marathon, and I felt butterflies erupt and fly around in my tummy. We soon pulled away.

"Can we have an all day cuddle marathon tomorrow?" Shawn asked with a smile. I giggled and nodded.

"Of course." I said. Shawn gave me one more kiss before he left. I walked in and sat down on my couch. What did I do to upset her? I thought. The next day, Shawn and I spent the whole day cuddling on my couch. I'm really falling for him and I can only hope that he feels the same way about me. As we cuddled on the couch, a thought popped into my head. I looked up at Shawn and then ran my fingers through his hair. Shawn closed his eyes and hummed in contentment. When I suddenly stopped, he opened his eyes.