136. "Daddy Come Home." pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." She said.

"What about you Jake? Do you want a little sister or brother?" Shawn asked.

"I want a little sister." I heard Jake say.

"Well, I'll talk to Mommy and see if maybe we can have another one." Shawn said. I resumed walking down the stairs and into the kitchen. Rose spotted me first.

"Hi Mommy." She said with a smile. I opened my arms up and when she came running into them, I picked her up. Shawn smiled at me.

"Hi honey. What are you guys doing?" I said and asked.

"Daddy's making us peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." Jake said. I gave Shawn an impressed look and nodded. He laughed.

"Do you guys know what Daddy and I used to do in the kitchen sometimes when we were dating and then when we were engaged?" I asked.

"What?" Jake and Rose asked. Shawn gave me a confused look, but I smiled at him.

"Whenever he would make me pancakes in the morning, he would pick me up and put me on the counter so we could talk while he made our breakfast. We called them our countertalks." I said. Shawn smiled at me.

"Really?" Jake asked. Shawn and I nodded.

"Yup. Hey my Rosie girl, can you take your brother into the living room please?" Shawn asked.

"Yeah." She said. I set her down and they went into the other room. Shawn lifted me up and put me on the counter.

"We haven't had our countertalks in a while." Shawn said as he went back to make a few sandwiches.

"Yeah. I've missed them." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah me too. But now that I'm home we can have them more often." Shawn pointed out. I smiled and nodded.

"I would like that." I said. Shawn kissed my cheek. There was a pause in the conversation.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes?" Shawn asked. He seemed nervous.

"Yes Mr. Mendes?" I asked.

"What do you think about us having another baby? The kids want a little sister." Shawn asked and said. I thought for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah. Let's do it." I said with a smile. Shawn practically dropped the knife and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Really?" He asked. I giggled and nodded.

"Really." I said. Shawn then picked me up off the counter and began to spin me around, causing me to squeal and laugh. He then put me back on the counter and continued to smile as he made the sandwiches.

"Oh, don't you want a sandwich honey?" Shawn asked. I shook my head.

"No, I'm good for now. Thank you though." I said.

"You're welcome Y/n." Shawn said. Right as he was about to call the kids over, I put my hand on his bicep and he looked at me.

"Before we have the kids come over, I just want to say that you're an amazing man, you're an amazing father, and you're an amazing husband." I said with a smile. Shawn smiled back at me and walked over so he was in between my legs. I let my fingers wander to the back of his head so I could tangle my fingers in his hair and I pulled him in for a kiss. I got all of those same magical feelings that I get every damn time we kiss, the sparks, the heart racing, the butterflies, everything.

"Daddy?" We heard Rose ask. Shawn and I pulled away from each other and looked at our first born.

"Yes honey?" He asked.