116. Counter Talks and Surprises

Start from the beginning

"You're not going to ruin it. If you don't wear it, I'll tickle you until you pee yourself." Shawn said with a smirk. I groaned but took the hoodie from him. He smiled when I put it on.

"Do I look okay?" I asked timidly. Shawn nodded.

"You look perfect my dear. You always do. Come on, I'll go make some pancakes and we can have our counter talks." Shawn said, and as our hands touched, I felt safer and warmer than I had before. We walked downstairs and he picked me up and set me on our kitchen counter as he began to make our breakfast. Our counter talks are when he puts me on the counter and we talk as he makes us pancakes.

"So what should we do today Shawny?" I asked him. He smiled at the nickname and kissed my cheek.

"Well, we could always just cuddle on the couch, or go to the park again. What do you want to do my love?" Shawn asked me as he finished the first pancakes. I opened my mouth to speak but before any words could come out, the doorbell rang. Shawn and I looked at each other with confusion on both of our faces. Shawn picked me up and set me down on the floor so I could answer the door while he worked our breakfast. I opened the door and was shocked to see Shawn's best friend Brian, but he wasn't alone. Standing right beside him was Shawn's ex-girlfriend, Lauren.

"Hey Y/n! How are you?" Brian asked. I faked a smile for him.

"I'm good. How are you?" I asked.

"Good. I thought that it would be cool to surprise you and Shawn. Where's that boy at?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, come on in. He's in the kitchen making breakfast. Why don't you guys go in the living room, and I'll be right there?" I asked as I opened the door up more, letting Brian and Lauren in. They nodded.

"I'm Lauren by the way, Shawn's ex-girlfriend." Lauren said with a smile as we shook hands.

"Hi, I'm Y/n. Shawn's current girlfriend." I said with a fake smile. Brian and Lauren sat down on the couch in the living room and I went into the kitchen. Shawn stared at me with wide eyes when I came over to stand next to him.

"What the actual and complete fuck?" Shawn whispered. I shrugged.

"I don't know. What do we do?" I asked. Shawn thought for a moment while still working on our breakfast.

"We act completely normal and pretend that we're not phased by my ex being here at all. I obviously don't mind Brian being here, but it's her that I mind just because it's going to be so weird and awkward for all of us." Shawn said. I nodded as Shawn sighed. I went back into the living room.

"Do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" I asked Brian and Lauren, trying to be a good hostess.

"Just a water please." Brian said. I looked at Lauren.

"Some water please." She said. I nodded and grabbed them both a water. Brian and Lauren were sitting on the couch so I grabbed two chairs from the kitchen table and moved them so they were across from Brian and Lauren.

"Need help with moving the chairs honey?" Shawn asked. I smiled at him and shook my head.

"No, I got them. Thank you though." I said. He went back to the pancakes and was soon finished with them. He brought a plate of pancakes over to me as he held another plate which had his pancakes on them and sat down.

"So how are you guys? What are you guys doing here?" Shawn inquired. Brian opened his mouth to speak but Lauren beat him.

"We're good Shawny. Brian and I just thought that it would nice to randomly show up at your house and surprise you." Lauren said with a smile, staring at Shawn. Oh hell no. She did not just call my Shawn, Shawny. Only I get to call him that, it's my nickname for him.