Shawn's point of view

I just made such a huge mistake. I know that my girlfriend hates the word clingy, yet I used it and I used it about her. She wasn't even being clingy, she just wanted to cuddle. I don't know why I said that her rubbing her nose on me is weird, I love it when she does that. What's wrong with me tonight? She went to her mom's, so maybe I should give her mom a call.

"Hey Shawn." Y/m/n said.

"Hi, Y/n is on her way over to your place because she's sleeping over and I majorly fucked up. She likes to rub her nose on me, it's her way of saying I love you, and she did it and I told her that it was weird even though I love it when she does that. I told her that she was being too clingy and she hates that word. I just really messed up and I don't know what to do." I said.

"Shawn, everything will be okay. She'll probably be here soon so I have to go but just know that everything will work itself out in the end." She said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Okay. Thank you. Please tell her that I do truly love her and that I'm sorry." I said.

"I will. I just heard her car pull up. Bye Shawn." She said.

"Bye." I said, and we hung up. I really hope that everything works out.

Your point of view

I walked into my mom's house and bursted into tears. My mom began to speak.

"I just want to say that you don't have to tell me what's wrong. Shawn just called me and told me that he 'majorly fucked up' and said that he loves it when you rub your nose on him and that he never should have said that you were being clingy. He says he truly does love you and that he's sorry." She said. I nodded and thought for a moment.

"I just feel so hurt." I said. She nodded.

"I know, but he's sorry and he wants to fix this." My mom said. I nodded.

"Do you think that I should go back home and talk to him?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah. Go to your man and get this all worked out." She said. I nodded, hugged her, and left. I went home and Shawn was sitting on the couch tugging on his curls. He hadn't noticed that I had walked in. I walked over to him and gently pulled his hands away from his luscious locks.

"Stop doing that. You'll ruin your perfect hair." I said with a smile. His face was streaked with tears, causing my heart to break.

"Baby I'm so sorry. I didn't mean a single word I said. I absolutely love it when you rub your nose on me, and you're not at all clingy. I never should have said that, and I am so, so, sorry." He said. I sat down on the coffee table in front of him.

"It's okay." I said. He shook his head no violently.

"No, it's not. I fucked up and I am so sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He said.

"Shawn, I forgive you. It's okay." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm sure." I said.

"Okay, thank you for forgiving me. Come sit on my lap. Do you want to talk about your day?" He said and asked. I thought for a moment and nodded. I sat on his lap.

"Well, my classes were hard today, and then the customers at work were yelling at me even though it was the chef that messed up. You should have heard one of them yelling at me. And I did something that you're not going to like." I said hesitantly.

"What did you do baby girl?" He asked. I started to play with my fingers.

"I looked at some of the things that the fans are saying about me." I said. Shawn pulled me closer to him and rubbed my back.

"Do you want to talk about what they're saying or no?" Shan asked. I nodded.

"Um, they're saying the usual. They're saying that I'm fat, that I'm ugly, that I'm in the relationship for the money, which I'm not, that I should kill myself -" I said before Shawn interrupted.

"They're saying that you should kill yourself?" He asked. I played with my fingers and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm sorry Shawn, I never should have told you, I'm sorry." I said.

"Baby, I'm glad that you told me. What they're saying is unacceptable. Honey, God forbid something were to happen to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I can't imagine life without you by my side. Please don't ever kill yourself." Shawn said, worry in his eyes and concern etched across his face. I shook my head.

"I won't, I promise. I love you Shawn." I said with a smile. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips, like I was as fragile as glass.

"I love you too my dear. I'm going to do a livestream because what they're saying, especially them saying that you should kill yourself, is completely, one hundred percent, unacceptable. Okay?" He said and asked. I nodded.

"I'll go upstairs and watch it." I said. Shawn nodded as I got off of his lap. I went upstairs and went to Shawn's Instagram. A livestream was soon started and I watched it.

"Hi guys, so it's come to my attention that some people have been saying some mean things to my girlfriend. So, um, some people are saying that she's fat and that's unacceptable to say that. Some people are saying that she's in the relationship for the money, which she's not, I can see it in her eyes. So saying that is unacceptable. Saying that she's ugly is unacceptable, especially since she's gorgeous. I'm about to get emotional with this next part. Um, people are saying that she should kill herself. That is totally, one hundred percent, unacceptable, rude, out of line, and disgusting. Never say that to anyone. If my girlfriend ever killed herself -" Shawn started to cry. I rushed down the stairs and rubbed his back. He looked at me and then back at his phone. "If this caring, loving, sweet, loyal, amazing girl ever killed herself, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I don't know what I would do. So I'm begging you, please, please, please stop. You can tell how upset it's getting me. Alright, I need to go, but I love you guys. Bye." Shawn said. I pulled him in for a hug.

"It's okay, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, okay?" I asked. He nodded.

"I just don't like what they're saying and I don't want to lose you." He said.

"I know, and I don't like it either, but you're not going to lose me. Come on, let's go to bed." I said, standing up. I took his hand and we walked up the stairs. He had calmed down by now. We got into bed and covered ourselves up with the blanket.

"Baby?" He asked. I nodded.

"What's up my love?" I asked.

"Can I please put my head on your chest?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course. Come here." I said. He put his head on my chest while I laid on my back.

"I like listening to your heartbeat." He said. I smiled as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Yeah?" I asked. He nodded his head against my chest.

"Yeah. That feels nice." He said.

"Good. I love you baby, good night." I said.

"I love you too. Good night." He said, and with that, we fell asleep.